PG Music Home
Posted By: Loz Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/13/19 07:41 PM
Just updated from BIAB 2007, and also used to use PTPA. RB is new for me... how do people use RB versus BIAB? I appreciate that RB is a mix of PTPA and BIAB.. I'm currently using Reaper as a DAW. Use Amplitube and BIAS FX for guitar recording.

What are the main uses and benefits of RB and how do you use RB?
Posted By: rharv Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/13/19 08:40 PM
RB has 48 tracks vs BiaB 8-10
RB allows generating on these additional tracks (wherever you want), so more tracks to choose from.
RB has the Multiriff function, which allows generating 8 versions of the same RT (for any given section) which then allows comping these 8 (or 16 if you do it again) into one track that resembles what you want.

AUX, Subgroups and other additional routing options also separate it from BiaB.

RB is more like a DAW than BiaB, yet many features transfer over from both sides. I use it as a stepping block between BiaB and other DAWs. It feels more like a DAW but retains a lot of BiaB features.

Mainly I like RB because I can continue working in a BiaB generating fashion while still being able to add additional tracks (whether MIDI, recorded Audio, or additional generated tracks) in a more DAW like setting.
As an additional plus, once happy in RB I can just drag the tracks to other DAWs like Reaper and keep working.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/13/19 09:49 PM
If you are currently using Reaper and are comfortable with it you can integrate the Biab Plugin into it using ReaTrak, it will get all the chords into Reaper with one click.
Posted By: Del Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/13/19 10:30 PM
Hi Loz, I use RB as my main DAW. I do build the chord structure and pick the style in BiaB first but after that all of my time is spent in RB. I only use BIAB because it is faster when picking styles and seeing how the will sound. I spend at least 95% of my time in RB and do all my recording in RB.
Posted By: Loz Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/14/19 07:22 AM
ok Thanks folks... so it does like BIAB and Reaper with the VST plugin does seem like my best solution. Means I can connect my guitar amp VST's easily...
Posted By: rharv Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/14/19 09:17 AM
Your guitar amp VSTs will likely work in RB also, just FYI
Posted By: Loz Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/14/19 10:15 AM
Cheers Rhav... yes I can see that now. Also, just discovered that all my old PTPA .SEQ files load into RB as well.... I have moved on from PTPA to Reaper... but still have a lot of old recordings that are nice to go back to and maybe look to change the original midi backing for real tracks and real drums.... A nice little extra bonus from my BIAB upgrade.
Posted By: Loz Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/15/19 07:19 PM
Hi rharv.. my guitar amp VST's - Bias and AmpliTube 4 are 64 bit so won't work with RB.... I'm not sure what jbridge is...can you get 64 bit VST's working in RB?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/15/19 08:34 PM
I have Guitar Rig 5 64bit in RB with JBridge.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/16/19 05:54 PM
Jbridge is $10 USD from PG Music. You simply install it and nothing else need be done. It works with RB seamlessly. If for some reason you want to work with the 32 bit version of Biab it works automatically there as well.

When I say it works automatically I mean there's nothing you need to do and you don't have any indication it's working in the background to allow all your 32 bit VST's to work.

Bob
Posted By: rharv Re: Upgraded from 2007 - best use of RB? - 09/16/19 07:41 PM
Bob meant to allow your 64 bit plugins to work, I think.

I got JBridge and now RB is OK loading most 64 bit plugins.
For $10 it's a no-brainer.
https://www.pgmusic.com/jbridge.htm

As mentioned it simply makes 64 bit plugins work in the 32 bit PGMusic products.

BiaB now offers 64 bit and 32 bit versions, so the 64 bit version of BiaB shouldn't need JBridge, but RB and PT are 32 bit, so they require a third party adapter like JBridge to work 64 bit plugins..
© PG Music Forums