PG Music Home
I was editing downloaded Midi file recently and I noticed that all views included extra information regarding the song. In this case it showed where each verse actually started. This would be fantastic to be able to include with songs, but I'm not sure that this can be done in the RealBand editor.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

These are called Markers by RealBand and they're incredibly easy to create and very useful in several different ways when editing, mixing, importing and exporting.

The Markers Menu is located on the upper right side of the Tool Bar just below the Perform Tool Menu and between the Audio Menu and Utility Menu in 2019 version of RB.

Markers can be used with any RB project whether audio or midi or a mixture.
Thank you very much. This is really useful and only a little mention in the reference manual. It's good that the marker appears on the track view and notation view but does not show on the chord sheet view.

Thanks again
Yes, can be very helpful, especially when writing songs .. for example insert a part marker that says 'Add gtr solo here'.
Makes it a lot easier to find the spot you need to record when the guitar player shows up one night, as opposed to skimming through the song or looking at waveforms to guess.

Lots of uses for these, not just the obvious 'verse/chorus' markings.
Wow! I never knew this could be done! Thanks Charlie and Rharv...learn something new everyday!

Jeff
© PG Music Forums