PG Music Home
Posted By: jonel Custom File Dialog has 'flaky behavious' - 10/02/19 06:38 AM
Hi All,
I have set file opening my preference to 'Long File Names use custom open/save dialog'.

I find this very useful but it has thrown up some problems:

1. When I select Favorite Folders I get a very small window of folder paths. The File Paths are quite long and I can only guess at the full path name because I cannot expand this window. Is there any workaround?

2. I tried modifying my midi song and then I used 'Save As'. During the save I created a new sub folder of the original source and attempted to save to this new folder. The folder created successfully but I got a message prompt about 'rights' and the program just froze. In Task Manager I could see that it was FP12.exe that was stuck. I terminated the FP12.exe process and that let me get back to RealBand but that still had to be terminated.
This happened continually until I saved back to the original folder.
Has anyone noticed this behaviour?

Thanks
Posted By: rharv Re: Custom File Dialog has 'flaky behavious' - 10/02/19 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: jonel
Hi All,
I have set file opening my preference to 'Long File Names use custom open/save dialog'.

I find this very useful but it has thrown up some problems:

1. When I select Favorite Folders I get a very small window of folder paths. The File Paths are quite long and I can only guess at the full path name because I cannot expand this window. Is there any workaround?

Not that I know of except to report it. I never used this feature, but tested and see what you mean. Need to be able to see the whole path so we need to be able to expand this window.
Quote:

2. I tried modifying my midi song and then I used 'Save As'. During the save I created a new sub folder of the original source and attempted to save to this new folder. The folder created successfully but I got a message prompt about 'rights' and the program just froze. In Task Manager I could see that it was FP12.exe that was stuck. I terminated the FP12.exe process and that let me get back to RealBand but that still had to be terminated.
This happened continually until I saved back to the original folder.
Has anyone noticed this behaviour?

Thanks

I didn't have this problem just now testing. I could save to the new folder without issue. I suspect either you are not running RB as an Administrator, or your user does not have administrative rights. Your message seems to imply 'Write' permissions as the issue, so this is my first hunch.
Posted By: jonel Re: Custom File Dialog has 'flaky behavious' - 10/02/19 07:26 PM
It doesn't always fail, but the problem arose too many times to indicate there was a problem. I do run the program as administrator though. If it really was a privilege violation I would not expect FP.exe to crash and RB to crash also. Like you, I never really considered the feature but I was warming to it. Sometimes the error occurs when I simply click on a file!
© PG Music Forums