PG Music Home
I don't normally use RB to compose a whole song but doing so at the moment I have a need to reduce the length of occasional bars from 4/4 to 2/4 but can't find a way to do this in RB. The PG Chat line op told me you can't do this in RB???? She suggested composing the song in BIAB complete with bar changes then open the saved BIAB project in RB and do any embellishing there!
Can't believe that.....in just about every DAW I use there is a way to do this,but it certainly isn't transparent in RB.

Any body know if this is possible in RB and if so, how?
FWIW I think it can be done, I like doing this kind of stuff, but have some questions to understand what you are trying to do.
How are you doing the song in RB?
Did it start in RB? Or did you open a BiaB file in RB? Or?
These answers will determine the steps and time needed to make the changes.

The simple answer is to open the Meter window, insert a Time Change to 2/2 (and then another one back to 4/4) wherever desired. In the top menu click Window, then Meter.

The caveat is that you have to regenerate the tracks for it to take effect.
How you do this in the most time effective way depends on the answers to the above questions.

/If you opened a BiaB file, are the first 8-10 tracks labels blueish instead of the same color as the rest?
You can also create the tempo map manually if you have RealBand 2016 or newer. I've attached the 2016 New Features video with instructions and demonstration.

Band In A Box 2016 New Features
© PG Music Forums