PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul record into realband - 10/20/19 05:49 AM
hello

i want to record onto realband but my laptop only has one audio input/output.

so when i plug microphone direct into laptop it means i cant hear the backing track to record along to.

another way i tried was to use the three ring cable from laptop to the roland cube ex,this allows me to hear the track and plug mic into the cube and record but this obviously records the backing track as well as the mic.

is there any way i can record without the bleed from backing track, i use head phones through the cube.

im only bothered about if its possible with this setup.
im not looking for pro recording this is just a mess around and curiosity.

thanks for any tips.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: record into realband - 10/20/19 06:53 AM
Without spending any money? OK. Use a set of headphones on your laptop.

Record yourself (audio not video/audio) with your cell phone. Import the recording into Realband.

I do this sometimes but I do have some extra hardware to help the process. (Shure MVI.)

...Deb
Posted By: Teunis Re: record into realband - 10/20/19 08:05 AM
I would have thought on the HP Laptop there would be a built in microphone you could use to record. Play the backing into headphones and set the internal microphone to record. That way you could record the voice without the backing.

Not the way I’d do it, but in a pinch it should work. Better yet would be to lash out on a USB Audio interface that will allow you to do very much more.

Just a thought

Tony
Posted By: Mike Head Re: record into realband - 10/20/19 09:26 AM
Hi

In RB at the bottom of the Track page bottom (right hand corner) there is a button marked Audio settings this will take you to your windows sound card settings and here you can chose things like recording devices like mic or Stereo mix, line in .

This may help and you could sw off the mic here.

Mike
Posted By: rharv Re: record into realband - 10/20/19 09:33 AM
Right-click your speaker icon, select Recording Devices and see what options are available.
Is there truly only the one recording option of the single jack?
If so, as mentioned USB solutions can be quite affordable.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: record into realband - 10/21/19 01:42 AM
thanks to everyone for the tips.
looks like the usb audio interface is the right thing for me.
didnt realise you could pick them up so cheap.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: record into realband - 11/06/19 05:23 PM
yep.... the USB interface is the way to go.

Be sure it has the ability to run native ASIO, has phantom power, and has audio preamps built in.

If it lacks any one of those things, look for an interface that has all three and you'll be happy.
© PG Music Forums