PG Music Home
Posted By: jonel RealBand not generating midi tracks for a song - 11/04/19 12:06 PM
Hi All,
I have imported a midi song from disk so that I can generate the the chords for the song. Having created the chordsheet I then generated all the BB tracks using RealTracks and RealDrums. This gives good results but I wanted to see if I could also create midi tracks rather than RealTracks so I disabled the generation of RealTracks in my preferences. When I generate tracks this time, I get only the drum midi track. I thought I should get all the tracks. When I try to generate the individual tracks as midi I am told that there is no Bass, Guitar, Piano part in the current style.
I thought the problem might be that the style was a RealTracks style, but I ensured it was a midi style.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Try using the command 'Open' for a midi "song" (a pre-recorded midi file that contains all the data needed to choose a BIAB style and play a rendition of the song)

That should result in automatic detection and population of the chords of the song onto the Chord Chart Page. RealBand should also automatically detect the Key Signature, Tempo and melody if the song contains it.
How are you trying to generate the MIDI tracks?
I chose a midi only style
Quote:
I then generated all the BB tracks using RealTracks and RealDrums

I think the problem may be that you have predetermined the track type in RB with the Realtracks.

In this particular file, are the track names blue or black? Since you mentioned generating BB tracks I'm guessing blue.
RB may be looking at the target track and saying 'nope generated MIDI data ain't gonna work on this audio track' so it says none available with a MIDI style. Just a possible guess.
© PG Music Forums