PG Music Home
Posted By: jazzerjbird it does not record - 11/14/19 11:23 PM
RB does not record:

I open an SGU file in RB, plays good.
In Tracks view I select an empty channel and change the button from M to P to activate and
click red record button.
I play and record, but when I select Save the take option the recording fails with error message:

"Could not open the file: c:\users\Jay Lee\AppData\Local\Temp|^0.WAV."

I am using Win 10 and RB 2018 version and Focusrite 2i2. I worked perfectly in 2017 version.
Please help. Thanks.
Posted By: rharv Re: it does not record - 11/15/19 08:31 PM
Are you logged into the machine as Jay Lee?
Kind of sounds like a permissions issue.

Do you know how to check the file permissions for that file?
Does it exist? Or was the program not able to save it there?
If it does exist can you play it in Media Player or such?

I'd try creating a New Folder on your C: drive (or a different drive if available), then going into RB Preferences and changing the Temp Audio Directory to the new folder. Then try recording again.
If you create the folder you should have rights to the folder so it may eliminate a permissions issue if that's what it is.

The Temp Audio directory is where these temporary recordings are written to.
They are kept available for use by the program while it is running so you can 'Undo' etc. but once you save the file, or exit RB, they get cleaned up. So you will have to try recording again and then look for the resulting file in the error message while RB is still open. If you closed RB afterwards I wouldn't expect to be able to find that file now; it should have been cleaned up. You have to create it and check it before RB cleans it up (deletes it).

The other thing I noticed in your post; clicking the button to 'unmute' doesn't arm a track, simply highlighting the track by clicking on the track name/number area selects it to record to.
You also didn't mention whether you changed the track type to Audio. You would need an Audio track if recording audio (unless you have your preferences set to 'always record audio too' for a MIDI track).
But from your posted error message somehow audio recording took place, so that's not a likely solution, but worth mentioning.

Posted By: jazzerjbird Re: it does not record - 11/15/19 08:52 PM
Hi rhav thanks for advice.

I just figured it out: I had to download and update focusrite 2i2 driver and RB now created ^0.WAV file.
© PG Music Forums