PG Music Home
Posted By: rich in ca Odd behavior Editing Track Name RB 2018 - 11/20/19 02:30 AM
I don't often use Real Band, but for occasional quick tasks, it comes in handy. I typically use SONAR X1. In Real band 2018 (patch 5, the last patch), when editing a track name, using the cursor key to navigate in the track name field (e.g., move left or right), the timeline cursor also moves. Annoying. Has anyone else seen this?
Posted By: rharv Re: Odd behavior Editing Track Name RB 2018 - 11/20/19 09:26 PM
"Using the cursor key to navigate"; not sure what that means.

You mean moving the cursor with the arrow keys? Or .. ?
Just looking for clarity on what you see happening.
Yes, moving the cursor with the arrow keys (e.g., to navigate within the track name box to insert additional characters, delete, etc.) The cursor does move within the track name box, but simultaneously changes the position in the timeline (track view). While in the track name edit mode, focus should be there, not other places. I have not experimented in other areas to see if there are multiple scenarios where this anomaly occurs.
Thanks for responding rharv, hope this clarifies what I see.

P.S. I probably should update my experience level, as I have been using BBW since the 2004 edition.
hi Rich

If by your experience level you mean the word apprentice under your pic
you cant it is set by the number of post you have made.
Mike
Posted By: rharv Re: Odd behavior Editing Track Name RB 2018 - 11/22/19 01:27 AM
Yes, now that you point this out I can also verify it happens in 2019 recent versions.
Nice catch!
I hadn't noticed this behavior before but I do see it now.
Thanks, hopefully the developers can replicate/fix.
I'll try reporting it. If you do too, by shooting an email to Support, it may help expedite it.
Thanks rharv for testing it in RB 2019 also. I sent PG an email regarding this anomaly. Mike, thanks for your input RE number of posts vs. experience level. I never really checked into it.
© PG Music Forums