PG Music Home
Posted By: Tano Music Entering chord on an eighth note beat - 12/04/19 10:16 AM
Probably been asked before, but is it possible, in Chord View, to specify a chord change on an eighth note? I'm using a very slow tempo (60) and I want to put on the "2" and then again on the "and" before "3".

Thanks!
Posted By: jford Re: Entering chord on an eighth note beat - 12/04/19 10:35 AM
You can "push" a chord and 8th beat to the left by putting a caret (^) in front of the chord. So just put the caret on the chord for beat 3 and it will play on the "and" of 2. What you can't do is then put a different chord on beat 3 (since you are limited to only four chords to a measure). So if I had C on beat 1, F on beat 2, G on beat 3, and back to C on beat 4, but wanted the G to play on "two-and", I would enter:

|C,F ^G,C| in the chord cells (C,F in the first half of the measure; ^G,C in the second half of the measure

Note, you can also push a sixteenth to the left by using a double caret (^^) in front of the chord name.

Hope that made sense and helps.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Entering chord on an eighth note beat - 12/04/19 10:39 AM
Thanks John...I guess I'm trying to do something that RB doesn't want to do!
Posted By: rharv Re: Entering chord on an eighth note beat - 12/04/19 09:16 PM
Quote:
I want to put on the "2" and then again on the "and" before "3"

You tried jfords suggestion?
What didn't work?

Posted By: jford Re: Entering chord on an eighth note beat - 12/05/19 03:02 PM
And of course, when you change the chord grid like that, you have to regenerate the tracks to see the change (it doesn't happen automatically).
© PG Music Forums