PG Music Home
Posted By: horsthartung Meter Map & Tempo Map - 12/06/19 09:02 PM
Hello Everyone,
It's Been a long time since I last posted, Mainly cause I've been having trouble with Real Band 2018. I'm still having major issues with it. I just ordered Real Band 2020 and it should be here today. If I still have the same issues, I don't know what I'm gonna do....

On another note....Do any other PGMusic songwriters write songs in more than one time signature or tempo? I have several but have never been able to record them in RealBand. I just made another attempt and it kinda works but it takes a lot of work to get it to this point and I can't really use Realtracks cause it gets all messed up when I try to slow down from 152 tempo at bar 131 to 70 tempo at bar 132, then back to tempo 152 at bar 133.

I also had problems starting the song in 3/4 time at bar 1 then switching to 2/4 time at bar 57. So the instruments in this song is my Acoustic guitar and my bass guitar. I used two different Drum tracks to somewhat get the feel of the different time signatures.

The song is called Didn't I....

https://soundcloud.com/horst_hartung/didnt-i-2wav
Posted By: rharv Re: Meter Map & Tempo Map - 12/06/19 09:30 PM
How are you making these changes, and are you regenerating the tracks after changing time/tempo?

I change time a lot, work in odd times, etc.
I always regenerate as needed when I do.

Just noticed that you said "when I try to slow down" .. if you are trying to gradually slow down the tempo I haven't tried that while generating. I use time/tempo changes per measure usually. I think you have to, in order to expect decent results as far as generation.
Can you clarify your workflow and expected results?
Posted By: horsthartung Re: Meter Map & Tempo Map - 12/08/19 07:34 PM
It only works when I use midi tracks only the tempo "Fill" map sounds horrible when I try to use Real tracks from bar 127 to bar 132 with a tempo starting with 152 to 70. and you have to find different drum patterns for 3/4 and 2/4 time signatures. It's very difficult to do and should be made a lot easier. The tempo map and meter map should tell any track real or midi track what to do.
Posted By: rharv Re: Meter Map & Tempo Map - 12/09/19 09:39 PM
I would expect that result. Look at the Tempo map when you use the Fill option.
It creates a lot of entries that MIDI can handle much better than audio (RTs).
Asking Audio to stretch for that many Tempo map entries is pretty daunting.

I don't think the RT control is quite there yet for this.
You are cutting the tempo almost in half over 5 or 6 bars. And the Fill feature adds a LOT of gradual tempo changes in those bars.

Like I said; I don't think the RTs are that advanced quite yet.
© PG Music Forums