PG Music Home
Posted By: TES Recording a bass line in Real BAnd - 01/08/20 03:13 AM
Hello: I am using Real Band 2020 and having difficulty recording a bass line over a series of chords. My ASIO device is a Focusrite Scarlett Solo Second Generation. Real Band recognizes this and I can see recognizes the input as I pluck the bass strings. I click on record and all indications are my playing is recorded. I then click on playback after saving the take, but there is nothing recorded. What am I missing?

Help, I would appreciate it!

Ted
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Recording a bass line in Real BAnd - 01/08/20 08:06 PM
do the meters move when you play? is there a wave form in the track window when you click 'save take'.

just a thought, are you recording on a track set to audio and not a track set to midi?

if the track is set to midi it won't record audio data
Posted By: rharv Re: Recording a bass line in Real BAnd - 01/08/20 09:26 PM
As mentioned, make sure your selected target track is the desired audio track. An unused blank or empty track would be best. If you need to change the selected track type to Audio, right click it and use the Track Type option.

You may want to check your selected drivers also
Options-Preferences-Audio tab-Drivers button

Make sure the Focusrite Solo is selected as an available input.
For the moment disregard the VU confirmation in RB and check the actual driver (device) being recorded in this window.

I've seen situations where RB VU meters showed the Windows default input device signal .. but because of various options, that wasn't the driver that was actually being recorded in RB.
Posted By: TES Re: Recording a bass line in Real BAnd - 01/09/20 12:42 PM
Thanks rharv and Bob Calver for the response, will work on it tomorrow and let you know. Very much appreciate the time taken to respond to my question.

Ted Simms
Posted By: TES Re: Recording a bass line in Real BAnd - 01/10/20 12:20 PM
Seems to be working OK now, Rharv and Bob. I am definitely hearing the bass line I played. I think it was because I had several tracks playing and I could not hear the bass. But it is progress. Thanks again.
© PG Music Forums