PG Music Home
Posted By: Bob Calver vst3 plugins - what is the problem? - 02/20/20 08:11 AM
I can't use a vst 3 plugin in RealBand. It's not because it's 64 bit becuase the same plugin won't work in BIAB 64 bit either.

I've posted in the wishlist but wondered if anyone can tell me why it won't work and is it horrendously difficult for PG Music to get vst3's to work?

I'm sure i can survive without vst3 plugins on what i have but i do like to try alternatives so i get the best result according to my ears and i've come unstuck with a WAVES plugin i liked the look of.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: vst3 plugins - what is the problem? - 02/20/20 01:07 PM
It seems to work ok using Element and you'll get better routing options.

Attached picture RB-VST3.gif
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: vst3 plugins - what is the problem? - 02/20/20 01:34 PM
thanks pipeline but i'm lost as to how to use elements even trying to understand the short video in your post

is elements a 'wrapper' that i load first then load the plug in to that? i've followed the link to the elements site and that's what it seems to suggest but the demo in your post suggests i need to use the BIAB plugin

i'm trying to keep things simple and just stay in RB. i'm willing to give it a go but before i do this is what i will try so stop me if i'm going to go wrong (please!)

dwnload elements
add elements as i would any other vst
when elements is loaded, laod the WAVES plugin in elements and then proceed as normal

or will i come unstuck as RB is 32 bit and needs the 64 bit BIAB plugin first?

i have jbridge already
Posted By: Pipeline Re: vst3 plugins - what is the problem? - 02/20/20 06:15 PM
You don't need Biab Plugin, that was just a VST3 that I dragged in as an example.
Just load the 64bit KV_ElementFX.dll (if you have JBridge) into the RealBand audio track,
now drag n drop the waves plugin into the Element,
click the View button in the top right to show the connections view,
now you have an Audio Input drag the first 2 green connections to
to the first 2 connection on the waves plugin,
now drag the 2 output connections to the Audio Output.

If you want to chain vsts then just connect the output of one to the input of the other.
If you "Save Group" when done you just "Load Group" next time.

You can drag them in from the Windows folders or you can scan for Plugins in the Plugin Manger in Element.

Attached picture RB-Element01.png
Attached picture RB-Element02.png
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: vst3 plugins - what is the problem? - 02/21/20 09:45 AM
thanks pipeline will try it!
© PG Music Forums