PG Music Home
Hi,
I'm sure this has been covered before but...
When I create, for example, a BIAB file with a built-in style change like bossa-to swing it doesn't show up in RealBand. In other words, it stays in the bossa style and doesn't go to swing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
RC
I did a test by creating a Bossa Style song using a Bossa Style Demo in Band in a Box (BIAB). I changed the chorus's from 3 to 1 for a 32 bar song.

At Bar 17 (halfway through the song) I opened Bar Settings (F5) and selected the StylePicker Button and changed the Bossa style to a Swing 8 Style.
I generated the song and at Bar 17, the style did change from the Bossa to the Swing Style.

I saved and closed the BIAB file and reopened and regenerated and confirmed the saved file also properly changes style.

I opened the saved BIAB in RealBand

It generated the song but I observed it generated the first style in the first half of the song 1-16 and then generated the second half of the song 17-32 in the second style.

The song played correctly using both styles.

I've attached a screen shot and it clearly shows the style change in the audio wav forms at bar 17.

Don't know if it's any help but changing styles works as expected on my system.

Attached picture Bossa To Swing Capture.JPG
Thanks. But, this has been an on-going problem for me.
Just to be absolutely clear, the style change works just fine in BIAB. It only stops working when I bring the BIAB file into RealBand.
I know that's what you tried and that it worked for you. I appreciate your time and effort!
Anybody else have this problem?
RC
Works for me also.
Maybe a biab setting or rb setting got changed
re "Maybe a biab setting or rb setting got changed":
I'm sure it's something like that.
What I've done to get around it is to create a WAV file in BIAB and import that into RealBand.
I guess I'm the only one who has seen this problem.
Thanks again,
RC
Not at my computer.
Look in real band for settings/song and see if there's a check box to allow style changes
OK..Thanks...
I loaded a BIAB MGU into the VST in Cubase. It played the MGU with the style as it was voiced originally, but ignored another RT i selected for this particular MGU file.
BIAB played the RT changes alright, but the VST did not. This VST IS STILL USELESS! Who tested this VST? After more than a year still such basic faults.

Just get BIAB to slave to MTC or MidClock, a thing i and many wished for since Atari days ....
Still the only one to see this problem?
Thanks for all the responses.
RC
The obvious stupid questions: RB running as administrator? ran fix RTs to see if there's an XT2 or ST2 missing?
If you're asking if I may be missing something obvious and doing something stupid it's a distinct possibility... crazy
I'll take another look.
Thanks again...
Hey Rollo - if this is still giving you issues feel free to forward the exact .SGU or .MGU file you're struggling with over to support@pgmusic.com.

We'd be able to test it - just make sure to either explain the issue in the body of the email for context, or reference this thread via a URL link.
© PG Music Forums