PG Music Home
Posted By: Don M Real Band - No Stereo Signal [Resolved] - 03/27/20 06:25 AM
I am using BIAB and RealBand 2019, Windows 10 with a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD musical interface running to a mixing board.

I have used RealBand since the beginning now with no problems. Just finished a major many-months long musical project. On the very day when the final mix was to begin, RealBand stopped sending a stereo signal. It will not send to the right channel.

Every other program (audacity, computer, internet) - everything - sends a stereo signal to both speakers, to the interface and to the mixing board. Only RealBand will not do so.

I have checked every setting I can find. I have read the manual, looked at every post remotely related on the forums, applied all patches I can find and have updated every driver for everything. The only program not working is RealBand.

I am at a loss as to how to fix this and am under a lot of pressure, as (having been around the block a few times) I have multiple backups of everything, but they are all .SEQ files, so I am stuck.

I posted this to support last week and have not gotten a single reply. Need some serious help asap.

Thanks,

Don McCauley
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 03/27/20 08:58 AM
Is the MONO button on the mixer activated?

I'm sure you've checked all panning sliders, right?
In the mixer lower right is an adjustment labeled A1 .. are there any effects active there?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 03/27/20 10:34 AM
if all else fails why not buy PowerTracks at $49 which will run seq files. that will install fresh and should work fine. its much the same as RealBand but simpler. then rescue your tracks by exporting to wav and/or master/transfer to mp3 in a free program like audacity.

if PowerTracks doesn't work or you've rescued all your tracks, as long as its within 30 days you can get your money for PowerTracks back off PG Music under the 30 day refund deal. sneaky I know but an instant solution. PowerTracks will give you the same mixing ability as RB if your sq tracks are finished

I'm also assuming you save your seq files in a directory that will not be deleted by playing around with RB.

have you tried to reset RealBAnd to factory settings.......I think - and this is cut and pasted from an old thread.............

These are the two files you need to delete or rename.
REALBAND.INI. This file contains most of the global RealBand settings, especially the settings in the Options | Preferences and Options | MIDI Devices dialogs. It also has a list of the most recently accessed song files.

RB.CFG. This file contains information about your sound card
The two files above contain most of your program settings; it is usually only necessary to delete those two files.
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 03/27/20 06:55 PM
Resetting RB is worth trying.

Just rename the above mentioned files (better than deleting). Relaunch RB. It rebuilds those files again.
Pay attention to any options along the way during install.

If it doesn't work you can delete the newly created files and rename the original files back to what they were.
Then you would be back to where you are now.
Posted By: VintageGibson Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 03/27/20 11:16 PM
I'm interested to see how this pans out.
I had the same problem a few weeks ago but was unable to resolve it properly, there's a short thread about it ten down from here.
In my attempts to fix it I suspect I made things worse so I did a windows recovery.
The problem went away but was not resolved.
Hope you can get it sorted.

Vintage
Posted By: Don M Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 03/28/20 09:07 AM
I checked all of that and the settings are good. No effects . . . reset it back to the original state. Also renamed the files and restarted. In short, everything that has been suggested so far.

I would think there would be some way to delete BIAB and REALBAND and do a completely fresh install (although that may not solve the issue) but I don't see anything that tells me how to do that (of course I might have missed it). I walked away from it in the evening, came back to it the next morning and the problem appeared out of nowhere, which makes me think it's most likely Microsoft messing with my system overnight via an update or something. Unfortunately I don't remember if it did an update or when.

I've contacted support several times, not a peep. Looks like it was a mistake to choose this program. Other than the total lack of support however, I love it.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 03/28/20 10:49 AM
Take the interface out a d set rb to use the internal sound card a d see if you get stereo. I'm running 10 outs with no issues.
Posted By: VintageGibson Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 03/28/20 01:52 PM
FYI when I was trying to fix this;
1. Installed RB again over the existing version, no change.
2. Deleted existing version and made a fresh install, no change.

Under the current climate I wouldn't expect much from PGM support, but that aside, I have found their response to be somewhat patchy. I'm still waiting for help with an issue I raised in November 2019, but received great help when I had difficulty logging into the forum after the Windows Recovery.

You'll probably get good advice from the resident gurus on this forum.

Good luck
Vintage
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 03/28/20 05:49 PM
still suggest the PowerTracks solution to get you out of the hole with your deadline
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 03/28/20 06:26 PM
At the time of my post, Chat support is open.
Right top corner of screen.
Using this path to support sometimes helps (chat).

Attached picture Chat.jpg
Posted By: Don M Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 04/01/20 06:02 AM
Thanks to everybody who responded. The following might help somebody in the future . . .

I did a Windows RESTORE. This takes the operating system back to a point in the past, before updates, etc. When this is done, Windows 10 gives an information screen regarding what will be affected by going back to that point in the past. Guess what was affected . . . BIAB, RealBand and RealTek drivers.

Long story short - did the restore, everything worked as it did before. Got the final mix, made 3 redundant backups and the saga ends.

Thanks again.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 04/01/20 11:08 AM
RB is fine. Has to be something else.
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 04/01/20 06:09 PM
Thanks for the update.
Please edit your Topic subject and mark as resolved as it may help others
Posted By: MarioD Re: Real Band - No Stereo Signal - 04/01/20 08:30 PM
My money is on a Win 10 update messing up the RealTek drivers.
© PG Music Forums