PG Music Home
I tried to use Amplitube (in RealBand) today, only to discover all the presets have gone. I haven't use Amplitube in the last six months so I'm not sure when this happened.
It's the same problem with Band in a Box.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I was going to try to help you with this issue, but I noticed you've marked it as resolved. What ended up being the solution?

I was going to ask if the trial version of Amplitube had expired, or a similar situation. Was that the case, or was there something else? I just ask in case someone else comes along with the same issue and finds this thread.

Cheers,
David
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=590190&gonew=1#UNREAD

Apparently it is not yet fixed.
I'll try referencing your post in that thread, but it may add to the confusion..
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: RealBand presets have disappeared - 04/06/20 09:52 PM
Originally Posted By: David - PG Music
Hi Mike,

I was going to try to help you with this issue, but I noticed you've marked it as resolved. What ended up being the solution?

I was going to ask if the trial version of Amplitube had expired, or a similar situation. Was that the case, or was there something else? I just ask in case someone else comes along with the same issue and finds this thread.

Cheers,
David

Hi David,
I put 'resolved' because I thought installing Amplitube 4 (free download from IK Multimedia) would give me access to the presets but there are just too many unusable presets (they need to be purchased) to be of any use. So I am back to asking for help to access Amplitube 3 presets which have disappeared.
I can see the BIAB preset folders at C:\Users\Owner\Documents\IK Multimedia\Amplitube 3\Presets\Band-in-a-Box but they are empty.
I believe I have the correct serial number - an authorisation tab in Amplitube 3 tells me I have an authorised product.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Mike
Posted By: silvertones Re: RealBand presets have disappeared - 04/07/20 10:47 AM
I use amplitube 4 and just went to the file were the amplitube presets live and delete all the ones that need to be purchased then you'll be all set.
Hi John,
How do you know which ones to delete? Unfortunately, I turned off the notification that tells me which file won't sound as intended and I can't find where to turn it back on. Thanks for responding.
Mike
Hello,

Are you talking about the presets that we (PG Music) made? These are included in the Band-in-a-Box install. You should run your latest Band-in-a-Box installer, and just make sure that the "Amplitube" component (or similar) is selected.

Note that these presets are not compatible with Amplitube 4, I don't think, since the format changed.
Thanks Andrew. Do you mean do a total reinstall over the top of my BIAB/RealBand from the HDD?
Mike
Posted By: silvertones Re: Amplitube presets have disappeared - 04/11/20 11:35 AM
Mike,
Open the amp.4 folder in programs. Find the presets. Delete all but the "free..." and "legacy" folders. Go back and open A4 click on the preset drop down. You'll see legacy listed click on that.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Amplitube presets have disappeared - 04/11/20 11:44 AM
Andrew,
The biab presets are compatible with A4.
Quote:
Thanks Andrew. Do you mean do a total reinstall over the top of my BIAB/RealBand from the HDD?

No, you just need to run the installer, find the Amplitube component and make sure it is selected. You could deselect other components.
You could download the "Band-in-a-Box and RealBand" file from your online account it needed.

Quote:

Oh ok... that's good. I seem to recall that something was incompatible with A4 but maybe I am thinking of something different.
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Quote:

No, you just need to run the installer, find the Amplitube component and make sure it is selected. You could deselect other components.
You could download the "Band-in-a-Box and RealBand" file from your online account it needed.

Quote:

Oh ok... that's good. I seem to recall that something was incompatible with A4 but maybe I am thinking of something different.

Andrew and John,
Thank you for coming to my aid.
I was going to run the installer as Andrew suggested until I found an earlier copy of the Band in a Box Amplitube presets.
They were on a HDD that I use to backup important files.
For some(?) reason I had saved the Amplitube 3 folder (probably from BIAB 2015) from an old PC that I no longer use (it used to have BIAB/RealBand installed).
I simply dragged the BIAB presets folder to where my current BIAB presets should be ... and voila. The BIAB presets work with Amplitube 3.
In the meantime, I had also downloaded the free version of Amplitube 4 as per John's instructions and that works with the Amplitube 4 Legacy and Free presets!!!
But the A3 presets will not work with A4.
But I'm happy. Situation resolved.
Thanks again everyone who offered advice.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: silvertones Re: Amplitube presets have disappeared - 04/14/20 11:03 AM
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11019
Thanks for this John. The things you learn!!
Mike
Posted By: cwiggins999 Re: Amplitube presets have disappeared - 04/22/20 02:53 PM
I've just installed Ultrapak, and selected the Amplitube option. Is it only available in 32bit? The installer put the IKMultimedia stuff in my ProgramFiles(x86) directory. I'm running 64 bit - do I need a bridge? I can't add that plugin to a guitar track (by choosing Add VST). Was hoping it would just show up since a part of the install.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Amplitube presets have disappeared - 04/22/20 03:14 PM
When you clicked "add vst" did you navigate to the ampltube .dll
Posted By: cwiggins999 Re: Amplitube presets have disappeared - 04/23/20 05:53 PM
Yes - but the IKMultimedia folder installed is in Program Files (x86) so perhaps is 32 bit, and I'm running Biab 64 bit. Ths Dll I try to load is I get an error "Cant load Amplitube3.vpa64. The Dll is "Amplitube 3.dll". Then I get that it's not a valid VST plugin - and direction about using 32 bit BiaB. Nothing was installed in my 64 bit Program Files directory.
© PG Music Forums