PG Music Home
I am importing midi from a song file, but the midi starts at -1 on the RealBand sequence and I would like it to start at bar 1. I can insert blank bars, but is this how it should be done?

Thanks
Go to the file menu, select "Scrap" (which is just another name for the paste buffer), and select Load Scrap.

Then go to where you want to do the insert, and select Edit, Paste. Your content will be inserted at that point.

A type I MIDI file will create the channels on separate tracks starting at the point you selected.
Yep, as John mentioned; RB uses a Load Scrap function to import MIDI as well as other SEQ files to a preferred location.
Not sure it is more convenient that simply moving what you imported, but it does what you asked!
Thanks John
Is there another way? I tried copy and paste which wasn't too successful. Sliding it along would have been better but I couldn't see how to do that.
To slide it;
Highlight the track (select it)
select all (CTRL+A) to select the whole track
hold down the CTRL key and drag it .. holding down CTRL is key to visually moving stuff.
/but your insert measures seemed to work and is likely just as fast

You could also Cut/Paste if that is more comfortable for you.
When you slide it to a new location, it will ask where exactly you want to drop it, so you don't actually have to slide it very far...just enough to get the dialog box where you can enter the bar and beat number where you want to drop it,
© PG Music Forums