PG Music Home
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Can't generate loops in RealBand - 05/11/20 09:06 AM
I can't generate loops in RealBand 2019 (5) - though I have no problems doing so in BIAB. I've contacted support often but without much success in finding a solution.
Today I tried again (unsuccessfully) to generate a loop and actually got an error message (normally nothing happens).
So I thought I would submit the error message in the hope it might mean something to someone.
Any help will be appreciated.
The error message:
- BBOutput.txt reported an error: Error=-8 (;Error #-8, Invalid Chord in line #197 :chord=88,1,Dbd) [RealBand 2019.5.0, 11/05/2020 1:58:51 PM]
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Can't generate loops in RealBand - 05/11/20 06:51 PM
It has been a long time since I experimented with loops. I used to use the program Acid pro back a while and once wrote a tutorial in Cakewalk music creator for loops. As I recall to make loops I always imported a wav file into a track, then set the loop markers so that the lopped area played perfectly in time with the music. Then export that looped section acidized to the loops folder and save it there. and then you can use that loop in any track.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Can't generate loops in RealBand - 05/12/20 03:21 AM
Thanks Rob. My problem is not creating loops but generating the loops provided by PG Music for BIAB and RealBand. The name of the track in RB turns green to indicate a loop has been generated but nothing happens.
Thanks again,
Mike
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Can't generate loops in RealBand - 05/12/20 07:46 AM
Weird, I’ll have to play with that later. When you say generate, do you mean you choose a loop and click generate like a RT?
Posted By: rharv Re: Can't generate loops in RealBand - 05/12/20 06:32 PM
There was an issue with generating loops earlier this year that got fixed.
Maybe it existed in the last 2019 update also.

As a test you may want to try reverting back to update 2 or 3 and see if it gets fixed.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=585488&Searchpage=1&Main=82224&Words=loops&Search=true#Post585488
Above was one workaround I found back then ..

And below is when you yourself posted about this issue in July of last year
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=546359&Searchpage=2&Main=77437&Words=loops&Search=true#Post546359

Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Can't generate loops in RealBand - 05/12/20 08:13 PM
Hi rharv and Rob,
I went back to the build (3) update (Jan 30, 2019), which I had been hesitant to do, and the loops work perfectly. Obviously I don't get the advantage of all the updates during 2019 but so far so good.
Thanks for your help,
Mike
PS I'm not sure whether to mark this as 'resolved' as the problem in the latest updates is still there.
Posted By: rharv Re: Can't generate loops in RealBand - 05/12/20 08:21 PM
In RB is you can use whatever update you want at a given time.
Use 3 while you need loop generation, then go back to 5 when you don't (if you feel you are missing something between the two).

It's not like you are locked in to either one.
Or upgrade to 2020, it got fixed and many other features added.
© PG Music Forums