PG Music Home
Posted By: PapaChas RealBand Crashes after MegaPak install - 06/02/20 01:55 PM
Hi,
I recently downloaded BIB with RB 2020 Pro version.
Loved these programs and was excited to upgrade with the 2020 MegaPack.

Since installing the MegaPak over the Pro version, RealBand stutters, glitches, and crashes.
I emailed tech support and got one response telling me to give admin privileges to the program ... had NO effect... did not correct the problem.
I'm a trumpet player and cannot even record a trumpet duet with myself (and NO realtracks) because of the timing/delay issues with RealBand. The playback does not even follow the click track used for recording.

RealBand does not like something that came in with the MegaPak "upgrade" (at this point more of a "downgrade")

Still hoping to get the program back to a reasonable performance level. Is RealBand a fully realized/supported program? ... or just a throw-in along with BIB?
Should I be looking for a different more mature DAW program?

I am a new user, but I was a SW engineer for 24 years so not new to debugging ... Am I missing something?
Has anyone here dealt with similar problems? What did you do to correct them.

BTW, using a Lenovo Yoga laptop with 12G ram 120G of free HD space and an Intel i7 processor with a Focusrite 2i2 ASIO interface.

Thanks,
-Charlie
Hi,

The only difference between the Pro and MegaPAK versions of Band-in-a-Box is the amount of content that you get - RealTracks, Styles, Drums. It's certainly possible that the installer you downloaded more recently installed a newer build of RealBand then one downloaded earlier in the year, so that could be a reason for a difference you observe. I think that's unlikely to have caused the problem by itself, something else has probably changed. Take a look at your audio driver setup in RealBand - are you using ASIO, MME, or Windows Audio (WAS)? Does the issue happen when you are running multiple audio /DAW programs at the same time?
Posted By: rharv Re: RealBand Crashes after MegaPak install - 06/02/20 07:07 PM
I agree with Andrew, it's more likely something else changed.
I see you are using the Focusrite 2i2 interface (which should be using the native Focusrite ASIO drivers) .. did this new install change the Audio driver that RB is using to something unexpected?

Like Andrew said, checking the Audio Drivers being used is the most likely way to find the source of the problem.
The click path is Options - Preferences - Audio tab - Drivers button
Is the expected device selected?

Posted By: PapaChas Re: RealBand Crashes after MegaPak install - 06/02/20 08:34 PM
Hi, Thanks for the response.

The two versions were only a week apart. I was so impressed with the Pro version that I immediately upgraded (big mistake).

I did install JamKazam around the same time ... you think that could have screwed something up?

I'm using a Focusrite 2i2 USB audio interface.
Posted By: PapaChas Re: RealBand Crashes after MegaPak install - 06/02/20 08:39 PM
Hi,

Yes, the Focusrite USB ASIO drivers are selected for input and output.

I did install JamKazam around the same time ... you think that could have screwed something up?

I am holding out hope that this is something simple, but the program crashed twice while I was trying to adjust the MIDI delay/latency settings as suggested by the support guys tonight.

I'm going to hit it again tomorrow. Still excited about this software, but I'm starting to feel like their "Beta" site.
Posted By: sslechta Re: RealBand Crashes after MegaPak install - 06/03/20 04:00 AM
How about the install locations? BIAB likes to reside in C:\BB and Realband in C:\Realband. Is there a chance maybe it did not get installed in those directories from one install to the upgrade install?

You could also try a Factory Reset in Realband by going to Options-->Reset to default settings in the menu.
Posted By: rharv Re: RealBand Crashes after MegaPak install - 06/03/20 06:55 PM
Also,
you did mention that you 'did install JamKazam around the same time'..
Your gut may be telling you that's the issue.

Maybe it is causing an ASIO clash, or trying to take control of the ASIO driver randomly.
Could be a setting in Jamkazam ..

Sometimes certain programs 'don't play nice with others' when it comes to ASIO
How hard would it be to uninstall JamKazam (and reboot the computer !important) and see if that's the issue?
You may be asking on the wrong forum if that app is the culprit.

I'd certainly test that theory here. If it is the problem, maybe there is an option to control how it handles something.
© PG Music Forums