PG Music Home
Posted By: peterkirk Yellow message - sample rate differs etc. - 06/13/20 10:47 AM
Hi I have ULTRA , HAD IT 6 Months now, constant yellow error mssgs, [ sample rate differ]
followed steps , only had to change one thing , in fact no options to change any of the other even available, REALBAND just repeatedly crashes, no drums , missing styles that wont audition, crash and locked out ctl/ alt dlete..............
Today im actually done with it and the very poor support from PG. IT SHOULD,NT BE THIS WAY !
Hello,

A yellow message about sample rates would at bootup would typically be notifying you that the input and output sample rates are different, so recording will not work. You can review the text of the message by going to help | Show log of messages. You can fix this problem by following the advice in the message.

Style not found messages are typically caused by not selecting the correct folder locations for Band-in-a-Box, RealTracks, and RealDrums. To fix this, review folder locations in the Preferences --> Song Generation --> Paths... Also, click Rebuild in the StylePicker. If you have the UltraPAK on an external drive, make sure that you have the correct drive letter specified.
Andrew, thanks for the information. Sometimes I do not get the bottom of the message and it is gone. Glad to know where I can find it, if necessary.

...Deb
sorry to hear you are having problems. did you install everything to the default locations?

i've never used a version on an external hard drive, just downloaded and installed to the default locations.

you shouldn't be having this trouble if everything was downloaded to the default locations.

the sample rates - when i got it - was due to my windows sound set up not matching BIAB's so i fixed it by changing the default windows sound playback to the 16 bit 44.1 setting

if you bought direct from PG and you've had these problems right from the start, if you didn't buy on a separate hard drive, your installation files will be in your account at PG.. maybe a complete fresh installation using default settings would be a last resort
To expand on this:

It is common when using Windows Audio (WASAPI) to see a message that "input and output devices are set to different sample rates". This is a message informing you that for audio recording to work, you will need to set your input and output devices to the same sample rate. This is done in the Windows control panel. For example:
Here we can see that Windows Audio is selected as the audio driver format:

In the Windows control panel - sound settings, locate the input and output devices in turn and view Properties -> advanced settings:

Here you can see that the playback (output) sample rate is 44.1 khz, and the recording (input) sample rate is 48 khz. This is the source of the problem. Matching the sample rates will solve it and allow you to record audio.

Thanks. Useful to know. I get the message if I plug in my USB mic / headphones to do work for school as it seems to change the sample rate. Once I unplug it, the audio unit seems to put it back again.
© PG Music Forums