PG Music Home
Posted By: John F Recording breaking up on playback - 07/20/20 07:58 PM
I create songs in BIAB 2018 Ultra Pak. The I move them over to Real Band to add lead and vocal tracks. I set the audio for ASIO, 16 bit, 4400. I put the leads in first, then playback to make sure they recorded properly. No problem there, but after I add vocals, the whole song skips on playback. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Posted By: Del Re: Recording breaking up on playback - 07/20/20 10:21 PM
Could it be a mismatch between your recorded audio setting and your playback audio setting? Check that both set to 16 bit, 44.1Khz.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Recording breaking up on playback - 07/21/20 08:07 AM
this is a quote from jford on another thread...............

I keep the most recent ASIO driver from Behringer installed. I generally have it set to 256 buffers, but sometimes when I have a lot of tracks, I have to up it to 512 buffers to eliminate crackle and dropouts. I have to rarely do this.

you might not be using the same asio driver - more likely it's one specific to your gear - but you could try the buffers on playback
Posted By: MarioD Re: Recording breaking up on playback - 07/21/20 10:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
this is a quote from jford on another thread...............

I keep the most recent ASIO driver from Behringer installed. I generally have it set to 256 buffers, but sometimes when I have a lot of tracks, I have to up it to 512 buffers to eliminate crackle and dropouts. I have to rarely do this.

you might not be using the same asio driver - more likely it's one specific to your gear - but you could try the buffers on playback

Yes, anytime you have problems like this you should increase your ASIO buffers. I have a Roland Octa-Capture and on occasion I have to change buffer settings, sometimes higher than 512.
© PG Music Forums