PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Marr Problem loading Amplitube - 07/29/20 02:03 PM
When BIAB first introduced Amplitube, I was totally smitten by the product. I bought the whole package including a bunch of the extra gear. And for a while, it worked in Real Band which is where I do most of my work.

Then one day it stopped working, and I don't know why. Now when I try to load it into the effects bin, I get the message VPA PLUGIN REJECTS VPA HOST. Here's a link to a video showing the error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iudpe58a88eqzgy/amplitube_BIAB%20problem.mp4?dl=0

This remains true on all of the computers where I have BIAB installed, and the BIAB version is different on each computer. Also true of Power Tracks.

In case the DLL got corrupted, I re-downloaded it and reinstalled it and re-authorized it. Same results.

The original DLL was 32 bit; but just in case what I downloaded is now 64 bit, I made sure JBRIDGE was installed... (that didn't change anything.)

I haven't been on the forum in a long time, so maybe something has changed with Amplitube.. but I notice the version of BIAB I just installed still has Amplitube styles... so I would assume that SOME version of Amplitube still works with PGMusic products

I have too much money tied up in Amplitube to walk away... anybody have an idea that might help or at least give me a new starting point?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Problem loading Amplitube - 07/29/20 04:32 PM
Pat,

RealBand is still a 32 bit application. Are you downloading Amplitude from your Band-in-a-Box account or from IKMultimedia's website? What version of Amplitude are you using?
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Problem loading Amplitube - 07/30/20 12:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Pat,

RealBand is still a 32 bit application. Are you downloading Amplitude from your Band-in-a-Box account or from IKMultimedia's website? What version of Amplitude are you using?

Hey Jim, thanks for taking time to help me dig for information.
I'm using Amplitube 3.0 which, when I originally bought it was a 32 bit app. I downloaded it from IKMULTIMEDIA's site, in the MY FILES section, where they let you get what you've already bought, and provide the serial numbers. I'm guessing I downloaded what I bought originally.. most companies wouldn't let me download the new version I never paid for.

In the past I've installed the version that comes with BIAB and also re-downloaded and installed the version from IKMultimedia. None of them work for me anymore, not on my original computer that has been through multiple installs, or on newer computers that have only had one version installed and authorized.

Maybe I need to ask IKMultimedia, since the error message says its the plugin that is rejecting the host.
But... if other people are using AmpliTube successfully with PGMusic products, that doesn't make sense.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Problem loading Amplitube - 07/30/20 01:00 PM
I reported it to IKMultimedia, but I notice that in their dialog box for choosing the host DAW, none of the PGMusic programs were in the list of supported DAWs... which has me wondering if they have dropped support for BIAB.

This prompts me to wonder if anyone is successfully using Amplitube with Real Band, BIAB or Power Tracks.
Posted By: rharv Re: Problem loading Amplitube - 07/30/20 07:09 PM
I don't think Izoptope ever listed PGMusic in the list.
Posted By: jford Re: Problem loading Amplitube - 07/31/20 06:40 AM
I can verify that Amplitube 3 does load and work (at least in RealBand 2020 and in BIAB 2020).

As long as I have already loaded Amplitube 3 to the list of available VST's in BIAB, it will autoload Amplitube on the tracks that use Amplitube (based on the style); however, it seems that if I select an Amplitube style in RealBand, it will not autoload the Amplitube plugin on the track. But I can manually load it, if I wish, and it works.

In BIAB, it has to be Amplitube 3; Amplitube 4 does not autoload for Amplitube based styles.

Amplitube 3 originally was 32-bit only, but later updates include both the 32-bit and 64-bit version. When you install Amplitube, however, you have to make sure you specify different folders for each one, otherwise, the 64-bit plugin overwrites the 32-bit plugin.

I don't know about older versions of RB or PTPA, but it definitely will load in RB 2020 and BIAB 2020.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Problem loading Amplitube - 07/31/20 02:47 PM
thanks John. You've answered some of my questions.

Since trying to get my music stuff working again, I have managed to get Amplitube 3 working with RB on one of my computers where it had never been installed before. As I sort through all of my various plugins and licenses, I see that multiple versions of amplitube have been installed on my main music computer in order to fix the problem, and now I'm wondering if that hasn't made it worse. Today I'll uninstall all installations of Amplitube on that computer and start fresh. I am encouraged by the good results on my other computer where it was a fresh install.
Posted By: rharv Re: Problem loading Amplitube - 07/31/20 07:33 PM
Remember to squeeze in a reboot between the uninstalls and the reinstall.
Can save aggravation sometimes ..
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Problem loading Amplitube - 08/05/20 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
Remember to squeeze in a reboot between the uninstalls and the reinstall.
Can save aggravation sometimes ..

sounds like heard-earned wisdom to me!
Thanks!
© PG Music Forums