PG Music Home
Posted By: jonel Using RealCharts in RealBand - 08/05/20 08:32 AM
I have enabled RealCharts in RB when generating a song. This generates midi so that I can work with the related RealTrack notation. I was expecting to also be able to use this midi to drive an instrument but I can't make the midi generate sound. I'm sure that BiaB told me that it could.
Can anybody tell me please?

Thanks
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Using RealCharts in RealBand - 08/05/20 06:32 PM
Some cases the midi is transcription quality which means the notes likely have 0 velocity. In other cases the midi was generated by midi triggers built-in or mounted to the instrument. It depends on where the midi originated.
Posted By: jonel Re: Using RealCharts in RealBand - 08/06/20 06:12 AM
Thanks Jim. I discovered that the midi was generated at too low an octave for the instrument on which it play.

Thanks
Posted By: jonel Re: Using RealCharts in RealBand - 08/06/20 06:52 AM

Actually,looking at this again, I notice that the midi track generated by RealChart is called RC2483:Bass. I assigned various midi devices but still get no response on the sound. But, when I copy the actual midi data to a new track and assign a vst I get the sound as I would expect. The original channel looks just like an ordinary midi channel but somehow it is disabled. Perhaps it is meant to be disabled since its main purpose to to provide notation for its related RealChart.
Posted By: jonel Re: Using RealCharts in RealBand - 08/06/20 06:56 AM
Sorry, I need to be much more careful here. I take it all back. Just after the last post I checked if the track could somehow be disabled. That's when I saw that the track volume was 0, all the way to the left. So it appears that's it's intended purpose was notation but just up the volume if need as an ordinary track.
© PG Music Forums