PG Music Home
Posted By: WendyM Getting rid of top 8 midi tracks? - 08/19/20 10:44 AM
Ive not been around awhile.Long story.I want to try RB as DAW but every time I move my ALL RT SGU into it,it starts at track 9.Tracks 1-8 are unused midi.
How do I delete them so RT 1 is in track 1 please?
I also seem to get misc c--p tracks included that are NOT my RTs but a kind of midi version of them.I don't want them.How do I stop them?
W x
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Getting rid of top 8 midi tracks? - 08/19/20 02:43 PM
Easy.. Top Menu

Edit\Track\Make all BB tracks regular tracks
Posted By: WendyM Re: Getting rid of top 8 midi tracks? - 08/19/20 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Easy.. Top Menu

Edit\Track\Make all BB tracks regular tracks

Huh!Easy for you to say. blushThank you v much
W x
Posted By: rharv Re: Getting rid of top 8 midi tracks? - 08/19/20 06:57 PM
Since you have 2019, also make sure the RB default is to save to SEQ file.
It saves time in the long run.

Options - Preferences - File tab .. near the bottom
Saving as a SEQ file makes sure to retain your changes and RB opens the newer SEQ file faster next time .. plus it acts more like RB smile
Posted By: WendyM Re: Getting rid of top 8 midi tracks? - 08/20/20 01:04 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
Since you have 2019, also make sure the RB default is to save to SEQ file.
It saves time in the long run.

Options - Preferences - File tab .. near the bottom
Saving as a SEQ file makes sure to retain your changes and RB opens the newer SEQ file faster next time .. plus it acts more like RB smile

Thanks rharv.I missed 2020,too late to get the discounted offer so will get 2021 in December.Did RB change in that way 2019>2020?
W x
Posted By: rharv Re: Getting rid of top 8 midi tracks? - 08/20/20 07:55 PM
It now automatically defaults to saving as SEQ format, where for a certain time frame it had to be manually set or else it defaulted to the source file format. Saving to SEQ then loads much faster than an SGU (or other BiaB format) the next time it is opened.

I'm not exactly certain when the change occurred, but thought I should mention. It wasn't that long ago ..
/just trying to help, in case it applies
© PG Music Forums