PG Music Home
Posted By: Paddy No sound from Real Band - 10/10/20 03:05 PM
Hello. After sticking to BIAB for years, I've finally decided to explore Real Band. I can add audio files and i/p via a mic. When I try to playback, I hear nothing. I can see the vu meters moving, so my audio is there, trying to get out. Sound is perfect with BIAB, and when playing music from the PC. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the drivers. I've looked at the user manual...doesn't help, I'm afraid. I know it's a technical issue, but can anyone suggest anything? Thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: No sound from Real Band - 10/10/20 09:53 PM
Paddy,

Chances are the audio driver is not set up correctly. Press Ctrl + F5 or got to Options > Preferences to open preferences. Click on the Audio tab.

Most people select ASIO as it has the smallest latency during recording. Mine is set to MME in the screen shot.

It would be helpful to see a screen shot of your program's audio settings.

Description: 2020 RealBand Preferences Audio tab
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: rharv Re: No sound from Real Band - 10/11/20 09:06 AM
It would also help to know what you are using for the audio device.
The drivers should match that device.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: No sound from Real Band - 10/12/20 03:25 PM
Hi Paddy, as Jim mentioned, check out which driver type you're using. If you're using ASIO, you may have other software running that's using the sound driver - ASIO generally does not allow more than one program to use sound.

If you're using MME or Windows Audio, try switching from one to the other. And as rharv asked, what are you using for sound? Your computer's internal sound card, or an external audio interface?
Posted By: Paddy Re: No sound from Real Band - 10/12/20 03:38 PM
Hello everyone, thanks for all your help. Strangest thing happened, I came back to it the next day and it worked, with MME as the default, so I left it at that, didn't change anything. I'll try ASIO another time, but I am asked if I want to chooses it, but then get a load of other questions.
The only thing that was different, is that from my BIAB (external) drive, the connecting lead is doubled, so I can plug it into 2 usb sockets on my PC. I had been using only one, so maybe that wasn't sufficient.
Simon, I'm just using the internal sound card.
So thanks again everyone, all good at the moment.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: No sound from Real Band - 10/14/20 07:15 PM
The two leads for the hard drive are for power - only one has a data connection. It shouldn't make any difference to the audio.

If you're just using the internal sound card, likely you won't have an ASIO driver. MME should be fine if it works well for you.
© PG Music Forums