PG Music Home
Posted By: jonel RealBand Behaviour when Generating Loops - 11/01/20 08:00 AM
I'm a bit confused over the way RB behaves when I generate a loop.

The way I understand it is that RB will detect the details of an ACID loop and use these in generating the loop to follow the chord progression in a song. I have successfully been able to do this with the installed loops in the BB loops folder, but when I introduce my own loops I get some confusing results.

I have a folder fully of Sony ACID loops and I copied these to the loops folder as required by BB/RB.

When I select Generate Loops in RB I am presented with the contents of the loops folder where I can select one of my Sony loops. So far so fantastic because as I select each loop, RB detects the ACID details and presents these to me and I can also audition - all good. It even tells me that it IS and ACID loop. What more could I want. Especially when it now generates that track to follow the chord progression.

Well, when I now load a second folder of loops, each of which is is ACIDized and are detected correctly as such in ACID Pro, I don't get any of these details in RB and it does not show the loop as an ACID loop.

Try as I might, I just can't see the difference in either of these two types, either in ACID Pro or Sound Forge. Both type show that the are ACID loops with a specified tempo and chord root.

So, I would really be grateful if somebody could help me out here.

Thanks
I just tried that in the latest RB, BB, BBvst and they are not reading the Acid info.
I did let them know about this some time back.
You can import the chords into Reaper with the BBvst or open the SGU, MGU in Reaper
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=245939
Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper
Biab SGU MGU etc.. to Reaper Region Chord Names Win\Lin\Mac

Attached picture RB-No-Acid-Info.png
I had to go right back to BB 2014 for it to write the acid info in the bt6 files.
I was trying to run an older version of RealBand to see where it went wrong, but that turned into a stressful waste of time.
You can try if you like, if you have an older version that you can run from hard drive, just set it to the bb folder on the hard drive but the current RealTracks folder. You will need to remove any of the bt6 files in the loops folder that don't work. Click the Refresh button to build the bt6 files again hopefully with the acid info, if not try an older version or BB2014 if you've got it..
I got to get away from this to recover from the ordeal !!
Sorry that's why I love Reaper and made ReaTrak to integrate BB/BB Plugin with it.
© PG Music Forums