PG Music Home
Posted By: David Eugene 2021 RealBand X64 MIDI Output Problem - 11/30/20 02:09 PM
Just installed and immediately noticed problems with the instrument sounds coming out of my Keytron SD2 synth. Switched back to the old RealBand Ver 5 and the problem went away. I am using a UNO USB MIDI as my output device. Anyone else having this problem?
Posted By: jford Re: 2021 RealBand X64 MIDI Output Problem - 11/30/20 02:48 PM
Not sure what's going on. I just set up RealBand to send out put to my Casio Keyboard (so it's an external MIDI unit), and also set it as my input device, but that shouldn't matter. I can hear the Casio sounds when I play on the keyboard, as well as playback from RealBand.

Do you perhaps have the "Reroute MIDI to Default VSTi" checked? If so, sounds you play back will go to the VSTi, and not to your SD2. You can either uncheck that box (which should put things back to the SD2 as the default synth), or you can right click and explicitly change the MIDI port back to the SD2 (overriding the MIDI setting to send to default VSTi).
Posted By: rharv Re: 2021 RealBand X64 MIDI Output Problem - 11/30/20 07:14 PM
Yes, MIDI driver setup may be needed after the install.
Make sure you are using what you think you are using.
Options - Prefs - MIDI Devices

You may need to make the UNO the default output driver by moving it to the top of the list.
Thanks for your help guys. The X64 version is working fine now. I think what caused the problem was that although I selected my UNO as the MIDI output device I forget to slide it up to the top. Another senior moment for me!
Posted By: rharv Re: 2021 RealBand X64 MIDI Output Problem - 11/30/20 08:08 PM
Glad to help smile
© PG Music Forums