PG Music Home
Posted By: Del Semaphore Error and Rendering issues - 01/03/21 02:02 PM
I've noticed an error I get sometimes during my use of Realband 2021. The error isn't obvious as it stays in the background and I only notice it when I close or minimize things on my desktop. This usually happens if rendering takes a long time, like minutes instead of seconds. It looks like the error is coming from 'auxhost.exe' and there is a little black and red icon on the task bar that is marked 64 32.

The error states 'The specified Semaphore already exists (12670860)' the word 'Test' is in the upper left corner of the error message. (see attached file)

It may be related to the rendering problem I'm having. The first time rendering a song is usually very quick around 10 to 15 seconds. The next time I render the same song without any changes and it can take minutes. If I close Realband and reopen, the first 1 or 2 times I try to render seem to work fine.

Attached picture Semaphore error.jpg
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Semaphore Error and Rendering issues - 01/03/21 10:13 PM
Del,

I believe the Semaphore message is a Windows message. Rightk click on the RealBand icon and select the Run As Administrator option.
Posted By: Del Re: Semaphore Error and Rendering issues - 01/03/21 11:02 PM
Thanks for the reply Jim, I have the shortcut set to 'Always run as Admin'.

Are you using jBridge? To connect 32-bit plugins?
Posted By: Del Re: Semaphore Error and Rendering issues - 01/08/21 11:40 AM
Hello Andrew, I got a new PC and had loaded the Jbridge software on it. I wasn't sure if I needed it when running RB 2021 64bit but loaded it anyway. The semaphore error message does show the JBridge logo on my task bar when this happens.
Posted By: rharv Re: Semaphore Error and Rendering issues - 01/08/21 07:19 PM
FWIW Andrew I also posted this issue in the Beta area previously.

Haven't seen it in a while and coincidentally I uninstalled/reinstalled an older version of JBridge, so you may be on to something.
Go to:
http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/updates/

And get the latest update (if you don't already have 1.l75d4).

If it persists, send him an email and he may be able to provide some additional suggestions...
© PG Music Forums