PG Music Home
Posted By: Stonker Chord chart changed [Resolved] - 01/10/21 09:38 AM
Hi guys, newbie here. I created a backing track in BIAB, imported it into RealBand fine. I recorded a couple of tracks on bars 1 and 2 and now the chord chard has changed. The chord that should be beat 1 in bar 3 is now shown in bar 2. It sounds OK so I guess it will only matter if I try to regenerate something. Any idea what has gone wrong?
Posted By: Stonker Re: Chord chart changed - 01/10/21 09:45 AM
Actually bar 1 is screwed. The chord I had on beat 3 has moved to beat 2 and the chord from bar 2 beat has moved to bar 1 beat 4. This then puts the whole song out
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Chord chart changed - 01/10/21 03:32 PM
did you drag and drop into RB or open the BIAB file? either way should work but only if you open the BIAB in RB will you get part markers and chords as you set them in BIAB

if you dragged and dropped did you try to regenerate the chord chart?
Posted By: Stonker Re: Chord chart changed - 01/10/21 04:34 PM
I think I just opened it. I think it was OK until I recorded a guitar part
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Chord chart changed - 01/11/21 01:21 PM
What you imported from Band-in-a-Box should have been a SGU or MGU file. RealBand files save as SEQ files by default. You should be able to return to the original file by starting a new project. Also, RealBand automatically saves a back up file periodically. Navigate to File > Open Special ...
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Chord chart changed - 01/11/21 03:43 PM
i'm a little confused - you recorded sound on 2 tracks for just two bars?

just two bars of guitar on two tracks?
Posted By: Stonker Re: Chord chart changed - 01/11/21 03:56 PM
Yes, 2 different guitar parts. The rest I am recording sax on.

I guess I could save what I have recorded as wav files, re-import the SGU file and then put the wav files back. I'm curious how this happened.
Posted By: rharv Re: Chord chart changed - 01/11/21 07:58 PM
Not sure how you did that, but you *could* try to cut/paste the chords over a beat, since it seems like things shifted toward the start 1 beat.

Highlight a whole track (right-click - select all (or CTRL+A))
Click Cut
Make sure only the 'Chords' checkbox is enabled in the resulting popup..
Cut
Paste at 1-2-0
Chords should move back over a beat later and be fine.
If so, Save it as SEQ file (so you have a backup).
Then maybe try figuring out the steps you used that might have caused this.

Once I open a BiaB file in RB, I immediately save it as SEQ before doing any recording .. maybe this workflow would help (?)
Posted By: Stonker Re: Chord chart changed - 01/12/21 09:32 AM
OK, I did have a previous saved version that I wnt back to. It seems OK now. Thanks for your help
© PG Music Forums