PG Music Home
IN RB 2020 and earlier, I could just assign an ST4 patch to a track and do a "save'as" of the song in RB and the song would save the ST4 patch. Later when you opened the song, the saved ST4 app would open and the correct patch on the correct track would also open.

With 2021, I'm not able to do this anymore. Strangely, if I open a song in RB 2021 that was done originally in RB 2020, the ST4 patches are correct.

I've returned RB 2021 to "factory", reinstalled and reloaded ST4, deleted jBridge, reinstalled the .dll in RB2021. Nothing seems to work like it used to.

Anybody else seeing this or can offer any insight?

Jeff
Apparently SampleTank 4 doesn't like to have its DLL's moved to other directories other than where the program "thinks" they should go.

Like many here, I move my 32 bit and 64 bit VSTi's along with my VSTi3's to different directories to keep track of them and to make it easier to find them rather than having them scattered all over my hard drives.

Apparently ST4 doesn't like this. Once I deleted the versions in my separate directories and reinstalled ST4 and let it put the VSTi's under Cakewalk, all was well in RB 2021.

Live and learn!

Jeff
Thanks for sharing solution Jeff!
There's a bit more to this based on my further research........

As it turns out, its not where SampleTank wants the DLL to be or where you put them...you can put them where ever you want when you run the SampleTank 4 installer (I'm using version 4.1.3).

The big issue is using the right DLL! On my system, I had 5 or 6 SampleTank 4 DLL's. This resulted from using the 64 bit SampleTank 4 in the previous 32 bit RealBand. Rather than letting jBridge do its thing, I would run jBridge manually making jBridge force 32 bit "bridges" to the 64 bit SampleTank. This ended up with DLL's that looked like this: "SampleTank 4.32.dll" and "SampleTank 4 64.dll".

I went back through my entire hard drive and deleted any reference to SampleTank 4 dll"s regardless of type and then ran the SampleTank installer again. I put the 64 bit DLL in my "VST Plugins-64 bit VSTi" folder. And then pointed RB2021 to that driver.

Works perfect...problem solved.

Just posting this update in hopes it might help someone avoid a few days of pain.

Jeff
© PG Music Forums