PG Music Home
Posted By: royj S-Gear Guitar Amp Sim Plugin & RB 2021 - 01/19/21 06:55 AM
Good day
In past versions of RB I have been unable to get S-Gear (https://www.scuffhamamps.com/product/s-gear) to work in RB as the plugin does not fit into the RB plugin window. This is still seemingly a problem with RB2021_3c. Does anyone please have some advice to get these vst plugins to work in RB? (S-Gear is fully compatible with Studio 1, Reaper etc etc).
Thank you
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: S-Gear Guitar Amp Sim Plugin & RB 2021 - 01/20/21 10:41 PM
Past editions are 32 bit while 2021 is 64 bit. When I followed the link you provided (Thank you VERY much!) the only specification I noticed was for the 64 bit AAX plug-in used in ProTools 11.

Is it possible your S-Gear plug-in is 32 bit?

Also, do you mind attaching a screen shot showing the issue? You can use the Windows 10 snip tool to take the screen shot. Select the "Switch to Full Reply Screen" button below the Quick Reply textbox. Then click on the blue "File Manger" to open a file attachment window, the "Browse" button to find the screen shot file, then the "Add File" button and finally the "Done adding files" button.
Posted By: royj Re: S-Gear Guitar Amp Sim Plugin & RB 2021 - 01/21/21 07:32 AM
Good Day Jim
Attached is the screenshot requested. The S-Gear Plugin fills the RB VST window and

is S-Gear2_x64 (which is 64bit?). The problem is the plugin is larger than the RB VST window when new effects are added and I cannot scroll it? Thank you for your interest.
Rgds, Roy
(PS I hope the snip tool png file is attached!!)

Attached picture S-Gear Plugin-RB 21.PNG
Posted By: etcjoe Re: S-Gear Guitar Amp Sim Plugin & RB 2021 - 01/21/21 08:47 AM
Maybe maximize that window?
Posted By: royj Re: S-Gear Guitar Amp Sim Plugin & RB 2021 - 01/21/21 09:49 AM
Thank you so much etcjoe and Jim - maximizing the window seems to be the silver bullet solution!! I can now work on the functionality of the plugin.
Thanks again
roy.
TO GET SCROLL BAR TRY THIS.
(it works for me in another gtr plug in.
i havent tried sgear tho'.)
1. use mouse to move cursor to top edge of title bar of sgear and see if cursor changes to up/down arrow.
2. drag down with mouse .
do you now see a scroll bar on right hand side. ??
its a bit finicky, but the key is getting the up down arrow.

ps roy.
not trying to push this at you.
just that a lot of people are not aware of it.
within reaper js plug ins is a convolution amp/cab modeller.
eg dumble/tweed/marshall/bassman.
they are low cpu useage. good for roughing out ideas.
which is what i use them for. there are various tricks to useing them via experimentation. in conjunction with other plug ins. in fact reaps has a boatload (over 200 js plug ins if i just counted right.) maybe try them sometime.
lots to explore.
best.
aargh i tried archery once. lousy at it.lol.
muso.
© PG Music Forums