PG Music Home
Posted By: Bern5432 Excessive vibrato in generated realtrack - 02/18/21 06:32 AM
Hello,

I'm using Realband Version 2020 (5).

I generate a realtrack using RT3527 from set 344. I notice that there is far too much vibrato on my generated track. When I listened to the demo version by clicking the 'play' button, I hear minimum vibrato which is fine. The vibrato on the generated track is excessive and sounds awful. I'm not using any effects. Can this be rectified?
RealTrack-3527 from set 344 is a 3 part harmony of vocal ohhs with a tempo of 75 BPM and swing 16 feel. The description describes a smooth vibrato in each vocal part. A simpler arrangement or direct input variation is not available.

Since what you're hearing is a composite of three tracks I would first try the 2 part composite track, RT-3528, to see if that is any better. Then I would try each of the individual tracks, RT-3529 to RT-3538 to see if any of them will work for you.

Since the vibrato is in the track description it is likely an effect the vocalist was directed to use so the question becomes did she apply vibrato equally to all tracks or is there some variation.
Thanks Jim. Thanks for your reply, very interesting. I tried the individual tracks as you suggested and they're a little better in terms of vibrato. I find that the demo versions I listen to are fine but the vibrato seems a lot more intense when I generate the Realtrack. I slowed the tempo of my tracks down to about 70 which seemed to slow the vibrato down but it's still not a good as the demo version. I'll continue experimenting with this and maybe provide an update if I'm successful. Can I ask what you mean by 'Direct input variation'? Thanks again.
Many RealTracks have effects added so they match the genre sound during playback. For example slap back echo is applied to many of the RealTracks originally released for use in Rockabilly songs. Lots of reverb is applied to RealTracks originally released for surfer tunes. The sound of the effect helps identify the song genre.

PG Music listened to user feedback that it is common for users to want to use a RealTrack outside the intended genre. Direct input is defined as the sound of a raw audio track before any effect is applied.

The RealTrack Picker identifies when a RealTrack has a direct input variation. There is a checkbox that can be enabled and the far right column is populated with a "Y" when a direct input variation is available.

Description: RealTrack Picker sorted by Direct Input availability.
Attached picture Clipboard01.png
© PG Music Forums