PG Music Home
I use this Real Band less and less because it seems that every time I use it I get a new non-intelligible error. This week's contestant is:

Error loading ASIO preload buffers

What the heck does that mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks for your help.

Michael
which ASIO driver are you using? have you tried return to factory settings? the continual problems you are experiencing on basic functions is curious to say the least. your pc specs are far superior to mine but RB just works for me.
I am using the Focusrite Azio drivers.

Thanks.

Michael
so have you tried the return to factory settings? you really shouldn't be getting the problems you seem to be
When you say factory settings, do you mean on the Real Band, or rather do you mean on the Focusrite?

Thanks again.

Michael
Is the Focusrite turned on before RB is launched?

Is some other device already using the Focusrite, so RB cannot access it (media player, browser etc)?
Michael, Rharv raises a good point here. In my experience, all hardware that you are using in your music system needs to be fully up and running before you open BIAB or RB. If you start external synths, audio interfaces or other processors after you start BIAB or RB you'll likely get errors in RB or BIAB.

Jeff
Same will happen if another app has locked the ASIO device before RB requests it.
return RB to factory settings although rharv and mountainside are right about turning the focusrite on first and maybe another unit hogging the ASIO driver
I reset to factory settings and I still get the same thing. I get a division by zero error which I’ve never seen before in my life. Nothing else is running. Everything is working off the Focusrite. The Focusrite is the first thing that is set up, etc. I don’t know what’s wrong here.
Just to be sure I completely deleted the Focusrite drivers and reloaded everything. It seems to work now. Not sure whether that will hold but we’ll see. Thanks.

Michael
Originally Posted By: goofeyfoot
Just to be sure I completely deleted the Focusrite drivers and reloaded everything. It seems to work now. Not sure whether that will hold but we’ll see. Thanks.

Michael

Maybe there was a Win 10 update that messed everything up?
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: goofeyfoot

Michael

Maybe there was a Win 10 update that messed everything up?

That's probably my #1 thought - the other being that perhaps the Focusrite driver was set to too small of a buffer size. If you go to Options > Preferences > Audio, then click the Audio Drivers button below where it says ASIO followed by ASIO Driver's Control Panel, the Focusrite ASIO settings should pop up. There should be an option for Buffer size - try increasing it.

Attached picture ASIO buffer.png
has that cured your other problems?
Bob:

It cures the driver problem. I’m sure there are going to be many other issues but that one at least is resolved.

Thanks again.

Michael
© PG Music Forums