PG Music Home
i have an mp3 track i wanted to use for backing but its in D. I want it in C.
import the mp3 with chords - all fine. select track. set from and to boxes to highlight whole track, right click to select pitch and time etc. set to -2. press enter and RB says its consolidating tracks then stops after 'saving undo data please wait'.

long long wait but it seems process aborts as track is unchanged.

if i use the key change option in the box at the top and choose audio and midi the audio is pitch shifted to C perfectly. chords and key change to C automatically but 'reinterpret chords' confirms i'm in C

opened the file in RB 2020 and the right click track command worked perfectly - no consolidating message just 'converting sample rate' and the audio is now in C. key still shows as D and so do chords but 'interpret chords' changes key to C and chords to C chords.

is it just me or can anyone replicate?
"import the mp3 with chords - all fine."
How did you do this?
I got stuck right there .. import mp3 with chords (?)

For me, when I tried it, the pitch changed and the key changed at top, but I didn't have any chords to check, using either the Import or Open menu.
file menu 'open special' audio with chords.............

the mp3 opened as a track and ACW entered the chords on the chord sheet - chords in the key of D.

highlight track, select start and finish in the 'from to' boxes and right click on track transpose command works for me in RB 2020 but not 2021. when you change the key in the box, the chord sheet automatically follows so its not until you reinterpret the chords that you confirm in 2021 that the pitch shift has actually happened - the chords are in C before and after you reinterpret.

i reinterpreted the chords in the 2020 version which were still in D after the pitch shift using right clcik on the track to confirm what my ears were hearing - 2 semitones down to C and the new chords matched that.

the menu that comes up when you change the key in the box at the top works in 2021 but not the right click on the track process.
© PG Music Forums