PG Music Home
Posted By: Mark Stonebanks Recording on Left Channel only - 03/23/21 11:59 AM
Hi folks
Up until last week, my records from a single microphone were recorded on both channels.
Now I can only get the left channel to record.
I've checked the Audio preferences and can see that input channel for MONO tracks is L+R (2 tracks)
I am running Realband 2021 version 5.
Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong?
Many thanks in anticipation
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Recording on Left Channel only - 03/23/21 04:06 PM
Right click on the track header and change the track type to Audio - Mono.
Posted By: rharv Re: Recording on Left Channel only - 03/23/21 07:54 PM
Yes, as 'Simon says' (grin)
Sounds like the track Type is not set to Audio - MONO.
This will put the single track on two MONO tracks (though why you want that for a MONO vocal track confuses me).

By 'track header', I think he means right-click the track name area.
At least that is how it works here.
Posted By: Mark Stonebanks Re: Recording on Left Channel only - 03/24/21 12:35 AM
Thank you both for your replies...
I'm at work now so will try again later...

rharv... I'm recording saxophone, not vocals.
If it was vocals, I think that RealBand would prefer not to record on either channel!

Thanks again
Posted By: Mark Stonebanks Re: Recording on Left Channel only - 03/24/21 12:21 PM
Thank you gentlemen...
I can now hear myself from both speakers.
The neighbours aren't happy... but I am!
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Recording on Left Channel only - 03/26/21 06:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Mark Stonebanks
If it was vocals, I think that RealBand would prefer not to record on either channel!

Same, that's definitely the right place to record my own vocals! Straight into the void, never to be heard again...

Thank you gentlemen...
I can now hear myself from both speakers.
The neighbours aren't happy... but I am!

Glad you're up and running!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Recording on Left Channel only - 03/29/21 02:49 PM

I agree. I tried it and I got an error message said "This vocal recording is only accepted if you use the Frank Sinatra plugin..."
Posted By: MarioD Re: Recording on Left Channel only - 03/29/21 07:33 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

I agree. I tried it and I got an error message said "This vocal recording is only accepted if you use the Frank Sinatra plugin..."

I got a different error message when I tried to record my vocal in RealBand: "recording disabled until you purchase a live pitch correction plugin"!
Posted By: rharv Re: Recording on Left Channel only - 03/29/21 10:13 PM
I didn't get an error, just a warning ..
"Vocal track recording detected; you are on your own moving forward .. see warning details for more help."
So I clicked on details and got a message that said "I dunno, I don't think I can fix this .. see previous message"
Now I'm stuck in this infinite loop.
Strangely enough it doesn't occur when others sing the same part on the same song.
<grin>
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Recording on Left Channel only - 03/30/21 04:46 PM
You guys have given me the idea of creating a new plugin: similar to a drum trigger plugin where it automatically replaces your drum sounds, this would be a vocal trigger which automagically detects your vocals and replaces them with someone who can sing. Now just to think of a name...
© PG Music Forums