PG Music Home
Posted By: justanoldmuso QUESTION FOR RHARV. - 07/04/21 10:43 AM
Rharv.
sorry to trouble you.
(i'm on rb 2020 ultra..will probably upgrade to 2022.)
got a question.
in my version of ultrapak 2020 in biab when i set up a chord sheet and THEN go to stylepicker i can play the style with "my chords" without loading up the style.
also i can stay in stylepicker till i get what i want..then load up style in sheet.
however in rb it seems in 2020 i cant do that..i can only play the canned demo. there is no play with user chords option.

has this changed in rb 2021 or not ?
ie is this option added in 2021 ?
the problem is i spend lots of time in the stylepicker id'ing what i call "sound nuggets" and it gets very long winded if i have to keep on going to/from stylepicker<>chord sheet.
in biab i can stay in stylepicker till i find a "nugget" then load er' up and save it etc. its sorta like lake fishing ?
its worth it getting a few tin cans..cos sometimes one gets a nice nugget..lol.

best
OM
Posted By: rharv Re: QUESTION FOR RHARV. - 07/04/21 01:18 PM
RB and BiaB are different
They each have their own purpose (strong points)
Don't use a screwdriver for a chisel .. they're just tools.

I haven't tried what you suggest in RB and currently have people in from out of state (family) so probably won't test this in the near future.
But trying different styles in RB (per track) is pretty quick/painless here with the 64 bit version. Especially when you use the multitracks

/probably shouldn't single me out as others may have more valuable input
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: QUESTION FOR RHARV. - 07/04/21 01:29 PM
Although the question is directed to rharv, I can verify the answer to your question is no. The 2021 RealBand StylePicker does not have the "Play Using Current Chordsheet for Song" option that is in the Band-in-a-Box StylePicker.

Description: 2021 RealBand StylePicker
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg

Description: 2021 BiaB StylePicker. "Play Chordsheet from Song" highlighted
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: QUESTION FOR RHARV. - 07/05/21 05:19 AM
i can see that would be useful if you start a song in RB. its very useful in BIAB when i'm roughing out the original track
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: QUESTION FOR RHARV. - 07/05/21 07:06 AM
Jim.
thanks for the confirm.
dang ....like bob i spend lots of time in the stylepicker.
gonna put it on wishlist now.

best
OM
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: QUESTION FOR RHARV. - 07/05/21 03:53 PM
For those interested, you can discuss or support the wishlist request +++ HERE +++.

I added my support of the request and suggested two feature enhancements.
© PG Music Forums