PG Music Home
Posted By: John F Tempo Change from BIAB to RB - 08/28/21 04:46 PM
I have a SGU file that I have set the tempo to 110 but when I open it in RB the tempo defaults to 100. Trying to reset it to 110 in RB doesn't work. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?
Posted By: rharv Re: Tempo Change from BIAB to RB - 08/28/21 05:40 PM
How are you Opening the SGU file in RB?
Did you use the File-Open dialogue?
I just opened the same SGU file in BiaB and RB .. both set the tempo to 90 (correct)

If it changes the tempo, that would be weird
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Tempo Change from BIAB to RB - 08/28/21 11:10 PM
How does changing the tempo to 110 in RealBand "not work"? What happens when you tried?

If you reopen the SGU file in Band-in-a-Box what happens?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Tempo Change from BIAB to RB - 08/30/21 10:45 AM
John,

A couple of thoughts occurred to me when I read your problem...

1) Have you installed the lasted RB update? We're up to build 6 now.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

2) Is there a MIDI file attached to the BIAB file? If there is, this could have a tempo setting included in it.

Regards,
Noel
Hi John F, if Noel96's suggestions do not work we recommend you contact our technical support for this issue. Please email the song and any other related files (like an imported MIDI file) to support@pgmusic.com, with a description of the issue.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Tempo Change from BIAB to RB - 08/30/21 12:18 PM
One last thought, are Band-in-a-Box and RealBand audio settings the same?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Tempo Change from BIAB to RB - 08/30/21 06:15 PM
does a different sample rate cause tempo problems? at the back of my mind i seem to have read that somewhere.............
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Tempo Change from BIAB to RB - 08/30/21 09:46 PM
Bob,

Recording an audio file at one sample rate and playing the audio file can cause a difference in pitch, timimg, both or neither. Each media player handles sample rate mismatch differently.

Most media players adjust playback automatically so the difference in sample rate doesn't matter. However, automatic sample rate adjustment doesn't always work as it should.
© PG Music Forums