PG Music Home
Posted By: Pipeline VST Save Issue - 10/21/21 09:58 PM
Use KV Element and just drag n drop the plugins into it.
It allows chaining midi vsti, using Vst3, plugins that won't work in RealBand normally, advanced routing, allows all vst windows to be opened at the same time...

Posted By: Bob Calver Re: VST Save Issue - 10/22/21 08:25 AM
have KV ElementFX installed but can't load my Izotope plugins. Tried drag and drop and it tells me can't load plugin for unknown reason

any suggestions?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: VST Save Issue - 10/22/21 08:33 AM
it's working now so i'm confused. maybe i just needed to close RB and reopen............
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Save Issue - 10/22/21 08:52 AM
If you are using it Biab and Biab is running as administrator you have to drag it in from a file browser running as administrator also.
You can use the Plugin Manager to set the paths then when you right click in the graph it will show the plugins.

Attached File
KV-Element-PluginManager.png  (69 downloads)
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: VST Save Issue - 10/22/21 09:18 AM
seems like drag and drop won't work twice but right clicking brings up vsts tat have been dragged in before. however, can only get one vst to show up in the graph so chaining is not possible........i can chain two izotope plugins by using two RB insert slots with one izotope added to a kv insert in each

thoguht i should have been able to chain in one graph - advice would be appreciated

second plugin shows up on graph 2..............i have a lot to learn!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Save Issue - 10/22/21 09:40 AM
Yes it will do all that, when you drag them in they will layer on top of each other so you need to move them.
Here's a newer version with the standalone the will scan and organize the plugins for the vst version.
element-win64
element-osx

Attached picture RB-KV-Drag.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Save Issue - 10/22/21 10:09 AM
I installed the latest version and ran the standalone to scan for vst's

Attached File
KV-Plugin-List.png  (61 downloads)
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: VST Save Issue - 10/22/21 12:42 PM
OK scanned my pluygins and got theam all but obviously where i am going wrong is the routing. here's a screenshot and when i try to use vocal asssistant in n
ectar it hears nothing although i can load the presets

i'm taking the in from the first green dot on the left to nectar and the out to to the first green dot on output
should i have all those green routes to choose from? the track is mono by the way

Attached picture Screenshot (2).png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Save Issue - 10/22/21 06:14 PM
Check out the videos, there is so much that it can do that I haven't even touched. I inverted the pics so it's easier to see the connections.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SkmlHtkukc
https://www.youtube.com/c/Kushview/videos

Attached picture KV-Element-Links.png
Attached picture RB-KV-Link.png
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: VST Save Issue - 10/23/21 07:06 AM
got the nectar 3 plugin working fine and showing the waveform of the track but the vocal assistant still won't work. it says 'waiting for you to play audio'. i've posted in the KV Elements forum for advice. does anyone here use Nectar 3 in Elements? the vocal assistant works fine with the plugin loaded direct in RB but as noted above, the settings won't save when nectar 3 is loaded in RB.

i can set all the nectar3 controls manually in Elements no problem but the automatic vocal assistant is a great starting point for vocal tracks. long workaround would be to use the assistant in RB, note the settings, open in Elements and manually enter the settings from the assistant in RB. at least they would save!

thanks for all your help pipeline but i can understand if i'm on my own from now on!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Save Issue - 10/23/21 09:35 AM
I'll download it and try it.
Did you try it with the EXT in the top left for sync ?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: VST Save Issue - 10/23/21 10:18 AM
no i'm still stumbling around........... will try
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: VST Save Issue - 10/23/21 10:22 AM
pressing ext solved the problem - maybe pipeline shold get an award for long suffering and patience?

thank you!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Save Issue - 10/23/21 10:31 AM
Go it downloaded and tried it too.
Yes the EXT is to send Sync from host to plugin like for EZDrummer etc..

Attached picture RB-KV-Nectar3.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Save Issue - 10/23/21 10:35 AM
I remember cause I think it was Vielklang 2 vsti needed the sync also.
© PG Music Forums