PG Music Home
Hello, my name is jay Twostone, a songwriter and publish my songs through Distrokid to streaming services.

I am a newbie user of BIAB2022 and Realband2022.

I made a song with chords and different instrumental tracks, included 8 utility tracks ( no piano !)
In Realband I went to File->Open and in my bb/songfolder I clicked on my song.MGU or song.SGU file.

Realband started to import the different instrumental tracks .

The ' normal ' tracks were okay, but all my 8 utility instrumental tracks were 'different piano tracks'??

Did I do something not good? ( I tried several times, same result)

kind regards,
Jay Twostone
I've started doing the transfer to RB differently. Now I use drag and drop. Not sure if I am doing it exactly properly but I leave BIIAB open, select the DAW setting and drag the BIAB master button to WAV. Then when the transfer is ready I open Rb set the key and bpm then drag the wav files into RB. Upside is that I get the BIAB tracks as they are - including reverb and eq. If you open the file in RB you lose the fx and the tracks regenerate-even apparently if they are frozen.only downside is you lose the chord settings but that is easy to regenerate. Whether this would fix your issues with utility tracks I'm not sure. Are they audio or midi? If midi you might have a synth setting issue but exporting everything as audio would solve that. But of course you lose the ability to edit midi. Maybe one of our more expert members has a better idea.
Originally Posted By: Jay Twostone
Hello, my name is jay Twostone, a songwriter and publish my songs through Distrokid to streaming services.

I am a newbie user of BIAB2022 and Realband2022.

I made a song with chords and different instrumental tracks, included 8 utility tracks ( no piano !)
In Realband I went to File->Open and in my bb/songfolder I clicked on my song.MGU or song.SGU file.

Realband started to import the different instrumental tracks .

The ' normal ' tracks were okay, but all my 8 utility instrumental tracks were 'different piano tracks'??

Did I do something not good? ( I tried several times, same result)

kind regards,
Jay Twostone

What is your build for both Band-in-a-Box and RealBand right now? If you go to Band-in-a-Box and check under Help | About Band-in-a-Box there should be a 3 digit number in brackets, and under RealBand it's Help | About RealBand and usually a 1 digit number. Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are interconnected in a way so it's good to be on the latest patches for both.
I experienced a similar issue. On a new BIAB Song I used a number of Utility Tracks that were audio tracks, RT's, not MIDI. But when I opened the BIAB file in RB, all of the Utility Tracks were MIDI Tracks. I deleted them all and just regenerated the RT's, but that was puzzling.

Scott
© PG Music Forums