PG Music Home
Posted By: Funkifized BIAB features in RealBand? - 10/13/22 03:08 PM
I'm dipping my toe back into the RealBand water. Does RealBand have the same Audio Chord Wizard that BIAB has? What about Drum Stems? How does RealBand handle them? How does RealBand handle MicroChords and MultiRiffs? Can I enter them in RealBand, or do I have to start them in BIAB and import them?
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB features in RealBand? - 10/13/22 08:06 PM
Audio Chord Wizard; no they are not exactly the same .. ACW started in RB (if I recall correctly), got ported to BiaB, and from there they have been updated at different times. So basically the same, but not exactly. The BiaB version progressed to work better in BiaB and vice versa. For example, in RB Tempos can be in the thousandths of beats per minute, like a bar of 128.484825 BPM.

Mulitiriffs; RB just lays them all out on the next available tracks. I like how RB handles this, makes it easy to comp a track from the multiple tracks generated.
TBH, I haven't used this feature much in BiaB but have read/heard good things.

Drum Stems and MicroChords .. wish I could help. Let us know what you find.

I got a bit frustrated with Drum Stems in both programs, due to my workflow/options (no real need).

Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: BIAB features in RealBand? - 10/14/22 11:23 AM
Funk.

i'm gonna keep this brief as every time i laud the unique virtues of rb i get some heat from some quarters.

really the only way to see if rb is for you is to go to the various pg vids here and the user manual.

i would suggest you focus in particularly on …the following which i find very useful.
1..the LOOONNG menu with its many unique trak generation features..and
2..the bars window where there are lots of editing triks to be discovered viz not just within a trak but across traks.

fyi i once used some very expensive daw software in a studio..which didnt have the unique features of rb.

imho rb is one of the best deals around considering its free with biab. just be patient in developing your own work methods with it. it may be not as 'pretty' as other daw software , but underneath are lots of powerful features.

finally as to microchotds , ive found i have to do this in biab and then genn the audio traks in bb and import the audio into rb.
one cant do mc's in the rb chord sheet ive found.
(someone can correct me on this point).
ps also when you boot rb carefully go thru the 'tips of the day'.

let me say (contrary to what some might think) i'm not biased re rb. i just think it offers many features i havent seen in any other daw software .(includeing reaper that i also love).

happiness.

om

© PG Music Forums