PG Music Home
Posted By: murf100 Transfering to a new computer - 01/15/23 01:25 PM
Hi
I recently upgraded my PC. I loaded RB from the hard disc I purchased with the program. No problem with the download, but I can't activate the program because it had already been activated to my old computer. Help menu is of no help. There is no-one available on weekends for customer support. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Transfering to a new computer - 01/15/23 02:31 PM
You failed to mention which version of RealBand you have. It makes a difference regarding the answer to your question.

For a few years RealBand had a separate activation code from Band-in-a-Box. But in 2023, and perhaps 2022, RealBand is activated at the same time Band-in-a-Box is activated.
Posted By: murf100 Re: Transfering to a new computer - 01/15/23 02:44 PM
2015 is the version I uploaded from the hard drive, although I may have had an interim upgrade (not sure).
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Transfering to a new computer - 01/15/23 03:05 PM
You have three choices:

(1) Go to your PG Music online account. The 2015 RealBand serial number is available on your account.

(2) Copy the two "ticket" files from the RealBand folder on the old computer hard drive and paste them into the RealBand folder on your new computer.

(3) Contact PG Music support on Monday.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: murf100 Re: Transfering to a new computer - 01/15/23 03:23 PM
Thanks for the advice
Posted By: rharv Re: Transfering to a new computer - 01/15/23 04:12 PM
You get three activations (far as I know)
Disable an old one one & it should free up another ..
Posted By: murf100 Re: Transfering to a new computer - 01/16/23 12:09 PM
Thanks to everyone for your help. Online support walked me through it with success
© PG Music Forums