PG Music Home
Hi All,

I find it a bit of a pain in realband to preview a style, its easy to do in biab just open the stylepicker window and then press "play" in the stylepicker and it will just play the new style over the existing chords.

Not so in realband, I find it a real pain to preview a style with an existing open song.

I wonder Mr Gannon if you could do something about this in an update?

Kind regards
Jan
This has been mentioned before. +1
The capability of adding individual midi parts to RB projects is amazing... but the inabilty to preview the parts makes the feature inconvenient to use effectively.

ability to preview midi from styles would be a MAJOR enhancement to RB... people would get a lot of use out of it. Especially given the sheer number of midi styles , it would unlock literally thousands of new creative opportunities... and it would make RB more user friendly to the MIDI only user base.
+1 I agree totally
Brian
+1 yes
I think the thing to keep in mind here is RB is not Biab even though it has a lot of Biab functions. There's no problem in keeping both programs open as long as they both are not using ASIO. Just click back to Biab to audition styles.
In RB I will only highlight maybe 8 bars of an empty track and generate a part if it's a Real Track or Drums and if you want to hear the substyles pick a section that overlaps those. Much faster generation than doing the whole song. If it's a midi part it doesn't matter, midi generates quickly anyway. Another thing to keep in mind is the "generate all Biab tracks" command. This thread sounds like you are starting out with a Biab song and then expanding it to include new tracks below those Biab tracks. When you use that command only the blue Biab tracks get regenerated, not the other ones. If you don't want a Real Drum track to keep getting regenerated turn that off.

Bob
Quote:

There's no problem in keeping both programs open as long as they both are not using ASIO. Just click back to Biab to audition styles.
Bob

good point. That's a workaround we can use NOW. But this *IS* the wish list forum, a place for expressing ideas that would make the product more user friendly. It really would be handy to demo various midi parts in the context of the current song.
© PG Music Forums