PG Music Home
Posted By: travellerboy would like more plug ins - 01/15/11 04:08 PM
Hi,i look forward to updating to Band in a box2011,however whilst there loads of new features and real tracks,it seems like the audio editing effects have not changed,i have trawled the internet and have some great free plugins for improving and changing sound,for example taking a sound part and playing it backwards,or just giving a more polished sound,why not include more powerfull audio effects yourself please??
thanks
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: would like more plug ins - 01/15/11 05:49 PM
The PG effects are very powerful, but they are not fancy, and do not include a ton of cool presets. If you take the time to really learn them they work very well. Experiment and see what they can do. with two or three added freebies i can do almost everything i need so far.
Posted By: rharv Re: would like more plug ins - 01/15/11 08:49 PM
The fact that there are a lot of free plugins available, to me, makes this something they would not put a lot of time into. Just my opinion, but if I can grab a free 31 band EQ, why bother paying someone to program another one?

Thay give a good basic set of plugins, and the ones they do have are indeed servicable. I can relate to what you are saying, but I think the return on investment would be minimal for them. There are a lot of very good plugins out there for free that would require quite a bit of time to recreate. We should start a thread on plugins some day; good ones (that play nice with PGMusic products) and links to get them.
© PG Music Forums