PG Music Home
Posted By: BGPooh Big Clock - Timer and Duration - 11/24/11 11:53 AM
I would like to have such features that

a) Big Clock would show the elapsed time for highighted area.

Let's say that I have highlighted bars 5-9. Wíth big clock i could
see that 6 bars takes 10:05 ten and half seconds.
-------------|====|====|====|====|====|====|-----------------

b) Big Clock would start timer from zero at desired point.
Let's say that I am in bar 10. Then i start playback and Big Clock
would reset timer and start timing from zero.

This is valuable feature when using the tempo calculator.

Thank you for your time
B
Posted By: rharv Re: Big Clock - Timer and Duration - 11/24/11 03:35 PM
Playing the section and tapping the tempo calculation button (next to tempo box) not working? Also, the ACW is a great way to get exact tempo maps even in wandering tempo songs.

Not to take away from your suggestions, just wasn't sure if you knew about those features.
Posted By: BGPooh Re: Big Clock - Timer and Duration - 11/24/11 08:35 PM
The feature is supposed to be exact and relatively easy to use. You do not have to open file into ACW. ACW requires also help from end user to find out tempo.

Thanks, by the way you gave me another idea for this feature. And it is ACW. ACW cannot reconginze tempo without external help. With this feature I could open file with ACW and put the average tempo to the tempo box immediately.

Thank you for your time
B
Posted By: rharv Re: Big Clock - Timer and Duration - 11/24/11 11:26 PM
Glad to be some sort of inspiration.

What you described required a bit of end user help too; using the time to find tempo with the calculator ..
I was just pointing out other ways to do it in case you didn't know of them.
Posted By: BGPooh Re: Big Clock - Timer and Duration - 11/28/11 03:37 PM
Yesh indeed,

To simplify and automate this process:

[RB-help]
To use calculator, first select the desired number of seconds of music. Next, choose the number of bars of music in the song.
The tempo field will the automatically change to show the exact tempo needed for the desired song length.

NOTE: The Number of Bars are assumed to all have the same time signature as the first time signature in the current song.

NOTE: You could adjust Tempo to calculate Number of Bars, but it will not always result in whole number of bars.

Thank You For Your Time
B
© PG Music Forums