PG Music Home
I and others have been asking for Rewire for a long time. It is one of the few Wishlist items to which PG have responded, saying that "they are looking into it."

Now I have an immediate personal reason. My workflow consists largely of working in BIAB and Propellerhead Reason (currently version 6.02, soon to be 6.5.1). Until now I have avoided using Real Band in favor of Nuendo just because I have it. However, it's a twelve-year-old version that I can't even run on my new DAW. (No parallel port for the dongle.)

Here's the thing. Reason doesn't use plugins, period. It also has no MIDI out. Real Band does both, comes bundled with my sparkly new version of BIAB, and does run on the new DAW. Unfortunately, RB and Reason don't talk to each other.

Rewire in PG Music products would be the best of all possible worlds. I have provided my and Propellerhead's rationale elsewhere. Briefly, it would allow PG products to talk to all major sequencers, streaming audio between using fewer resources than simply running the two programs together, and sharing a single set of transport controls. (For PG developers, Reason currently runs as a slave only.)

The Rewire SDK is free and support is provided by Propellerhead. It's a win all around. For them as wants an introductory technical understanding of Rewire, THIS LINK will get you started.

Having just bought BIAB 2012.5, Rewire is the only thing I can think of that would make me upgrade again.
Curious enough to ask. Reason won't import WAV files?
Reason will import WAV files, but not MP3s.
Ryszard, we have been on the same crusade for years with the only official answer being "we are looking into it." Its a real shame (I don't use reason at all) but just to be able to mix using biab rewired into a DAW would be the best. But ubfortunately it seems we are never gonna get it
Quote:

Ryszard, we have been on the same crusade for years with the only official answer being "we are looking into it." Its a real shame (I don't use reason at all) but just to be able to mix using biab rewired into a DAW would be the best. But ubfortunately it seems we are never gonna get it

I'm not even holding on to the idea of Rewire and BIAB (note that this is the Real Band wishlist). I can see where it might be problematic in BIAB. However, imagine RB and almost any sequencer (except Reason, which doesn't use plugins) wired together--now you have full access to all VSTs and VSTi's such as the drum emulators that everyone is clamoring for, plus the full functionality of Real Tracks/Drums. Two birds, if not more, with one figurative stone.
It would certainly be useful to be able to use the multiple outputs which many of the VSTs have. I believe rewire would allow this.

ROG.
@Rog, rewire would allow you to use other DAW in a parallel running mode and if that other DAW allows you access to the individual outs, then you have it. Rewire is aptly named - it's like you can 'wire' audio and control lines for tempo, midi, etc. between simultaneously running applications.
I think most people don't really know what Rewire is,
therefore they don't request it.

PG-Music want to stay in their own world,
wich is fine if you like that world.

I come from the normal DAW world.
So I'm used to that standard.

I really like the Realtracks feature.
So I like to use that feature.

With Rewire, Realband will hook on to your DAW's Asio driver.
And play in rock solid sync.
Also, every track output in Realband will show up in your DAW, both audio and midi.
So you can use the vst and vsti in your DAW instead.

If you think it's ok to just drag and drop, fine.
And that is of course what I eventually will do,
when I finished the arranging phase.

So please PG-Music, Rewire.

Thanks
Eric
I just assumed with it being the years 2012.5 and a bit rewire would be standard? Oh well
"Unfortunately, RB and Reason don't talk to each other."

I don't know if it'll will work as I don't have Reason to try this http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0115

ReWire VST works as a standard VST instruments and can load all versions of Reason (32-bit and 64-bit) on PC and Mac OS X. Want to use Reason inside energyXT, MPC, Maschine or any other VST DAW/sequencer, then ReWire VST is for you.
I don't have Reason but I just tried it to see if the vst loads - it does and gives me a selection of other daws to choose from - I choose Acid - hit play and Acid just stays playing on bar 1 and keeps looping on the bar - so real band is not sending synchronization n bpm to the vst - so when they fix that problem in band in a box it should work very good synchronized playing with other daws.

Attached picture rewire vst real band.jpg
please share rewire vst link. ty
PG finally implemented VstTimeInfo in their products and fixed the audio issue with Biab and ReWireVST. It's a shame that so many previous Biab/RB users do not get a chance to have this ReWireVST working when they were active.
It was abandoned for a long time now it's re-released on a new site
https://www.xtsware.com/?page_id=334
Hard to believe someone can charge $25 for a depreciated plugin.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
I think PG were trying to work out a deal with them to get it in Biab/RB but no one could get hold of the company.
There are working on a 64bit version of EnergyXT
https://www.xtsware.com/?page_id=6 that is free to try/alpha test.
Biab worked great with the 32bit Plugin version allowing you to add so many extra tracks to Biab before Util tracks were in as they finally got the Vst Sync implemented. So look forward to the 64bit Plugin version to have a DAW inside Biab.
© PG Music Forums