PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic full version of biab excluding games! - 10/04/08 11:30 AM
Realband needs to include biab with all of its features music making features, and it should be an exact replica,
Posted By: jphillips Re: full version of biab excluding games! - 10/05/08 04:16 AM
I would agree with this 100 %

Almost every BIAB file I have opend in Real Band has not played nearly as well as it has played in BIAB.

John
Posted By: filkertom Re: full version of biab excluding games! - 10/06/08 11:46 AM
+1. I'm simply not using RealBand, and it has nearly all of the features I wanted for BIAB.
Posted By: jford Re: full version of biab excluding games! - 10/06/08 11:58 PM
I'm in.
Posted By: Lazarus Re: full version of biab excluding games! - 10/16/08 08:18 PM
Yes please.

This is what I (and I suspect others) had thought Realband would be: BB + PT... a one-stop shop. I hope it will be that soon but it's not there yet. If you have made a song in a new version of BB with melody & harmony & realtracks, you can't easily get all those elements into Realband. You have to make a MIDI file and regenerate the Realtracks. If, while working on a song started in Realband, you decide you want a feature that's in BB you can't easily nip back and forth between the programs.

For BB users like me who've upgraded many times over the years (started on Atari before the war) the stripped-down BB features in Realband are a bit like going back in time and relearning how to live without modern conveniences.

There are good features in Realband but I keep coming across things I take for granted in BB that are not there in RB. One small example: When developing chords for a song, I like to be able to switch to Roman numerals so I can see chord relationships but I can't do that in RB. So I have now abandoned trying to start a song in RB and go back to doing as much as possible in BB then maybe bring it into RB though I'm also investigating Sonar because the other biggie missing in RB for me is Loop Record for comping vocals (singing sections of a song multiple times and have each take automatically put on a different track without me having to stop and rewind after each one). It's a feature I expect in any sequencer these days and something I absolutely need more than any of the existing RB features. But I guess I should put that one in a separate post. [This is my first post so I'm still learning the ropes]

So, whoever reads this, please give us all the great BB features we've come to know and love [!] because the limited BB features currently in RB are like trying to play with one hand tied behind your back.

Thank you in anticipation!
© PG Music Forums