PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Marr vocalist chords - 10/25/08 03:26 PM
if it isn't already possible (I haven't found it) there needs to be a way to send the chords to a midi channel used by a vocal processor, for controlling harmonies

Likewise the ability to send patch changes to other external devices would be desirable... these features may already exist, but I'm still exploring, so forgive me if I have asked for a redundant capability
Posted By: Lazarus Re: vocalist chords - 10/27/08 03:49 PM
Yes, I wanted to do this too. I have the Digitech Vocalist workstation. The only way I've found currently is to save them in a Band In A Box MIDI file and import that into Realband. It would be much simpler if we didn't have to go back and forth between the two programs.

Is it just my ears or does anyone else find the TC Helicon harmonies on the demo so awful-sounding that they would never want to use them?
Posted By: jbmaddox Re: vocalist chords - 12/19/08 03:58 AM
It takes some understanding and practice to use the TC Harmonizer. It is not quite as powerful as Antares but works well if you practice with it to get the right mix for you. If the original vocal is not much, then the harmony will reflect that. Using the TC-Helicon VoiceTone Correct during vocal input can make up for a lot of vocal problems and give you a vocal track that is on key and note. If the Harmonizer is sounding bad, the vocal probably is bad as well.
Generally, the vocal is what kills most new songs--the voice is like any other instrument--training and practice.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: vocalist chords - 12/25/08 06:52 PM
apparently the feature I requested is already possible with the 2009 version.
It is possible to create a MIDI track and put chord changes or midi notes on it and direct the output of that track to an external vocal processor (which would then create harmonies for live vocals based on the chords or midi notes coming to it through the MIDI track)

This is SO cool!

Similarly, it is already possible to send patch changes to external devices such as effects processors.
© PG Music Forums