PG Music Home
Posted By: Mark L. Removing Soloist Tracks? - 01/07/09 10:12 AM
Hi there –

I am importing .SGU song projects using Realtracks into Realband/ In doing so my goal is to eliminate the soloist track found in many of the .sty selections. I have tried muting it, turning the volume down on the track and even of course erasing it however it still plays and remains. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks
Posted By: Mac Re: Removing Soloist Tracks? - 01/07/09 11:23 AM
Soloist Menu -> Search around there in the Edit functions for "Kill Soloist" then Save if inside BIAB.

If Inside RealTracks, Track -> Kill.
Posted By: Mark L. Re: Removing Soloist Tracks? - 01/10/09 11:23 AM
Thanks Mac,

This is great advice and an obvious first choice but I have tried "Killing" these soloist tracks however the soloist still plays. How
about exporting all tracks to individual .wav files and then importing them all back in except for the soloist file? I have started to do this but how do I merge 2 or more .wav files into one?
Posted By: Mac Re: Removing Soloist Tracks? - 01/11/09 04:51 PM
You don't have to merge them, the trick is not to use the File-Open after the first track, instead use the Waves -> and Import the files to tracks one at a time after that.

The soloist will regenerate if it still in the upper track area that is dedicated to BIAB. Trick here is to move that Soloist down to one of the non-BIAB tracks first, then kill it. You don't have to move or kill it, either, you could just hit the check in Tracks view to MUTE the doggone thing and then ignore it.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums