PG Music Home
Posted By: Pianomann RealBand for Mac??? - 01/20/09 05:34 AM
When does PGmusic plan to have RealBand for the Mac?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 03/29/16 11:44 PM
+1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 03/30/16 02:26 PM
+1.

Been requested before and will likely be requested again. There are functions only RealBand can perform and Mac users would enjoy partial track regeneration, multi-riff and working on a project linear.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 03/31/16 11:07 PM
all the hard work is done creating bbmac so they just need the daw that uses bbmac to generate the tracks.
I just went back in time with the page numbers and there are lots of good, long forgotten requests that maybe just need another look at.
Posted By: zedd Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 05/18/16 02:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
There are functions only RealBand can perform and Mac users would enjoy partial track regeneration, multi-riff and working on a project linear.

+1

FWIW, I am so happy and comfortable with my own DAW (Digital Performer) that I wouldn't even need to consider RealBand if it weren't for the fact that you can do partial track regeneration and other things in RealBand that can help to COMP the song before exporting it to my DAW for final treatments with favorite plugins and VIs.

If RealBand for Mac is too much additional development work, then it would be great if those partial track regeneration abilities of RealBand which could be built into the main BIAB program asap.

If not, I would be happy to learn how to use RealBand and include it in my BIAB workflow if a Mac version were available.

Can we please get an indication from someone at PG Music as to whether or not any of this is planned?
Posted By: catcrazy Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 06/12/16 09:48 AM
i agree. i'd love to give it a try on mac.
Posted By: doctormidi Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 08/09/16 11:34 AM
+1
Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 08/25/16 06:38 PM
We are not presently developing RealBand for Mac. However, the vast demand and continued requests have not gone unnoticed!

Thanks to all for your suggestion.

Posted By: Island Soul Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 12/06/16 02:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music
We are not presently developing RealBand for Mac. However, the vast demand and continued requests have not gone unnoticed!

What are you saying then?
Posted By: zedd Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 11/14/17 09:42 PM
If RealBand for Mac is not in the works, I would still love to see the ability to preserve performances in certain bars of a song, so that you don't lose them when you regenerate the song after changing the chord arrangement.

When you hear something PERFECT happening, and you know that that's how you want it to be for the final version of the song, it's pretty frustrating to have to lost that perfect moment when you regenerate the song. It makes splicing and dicing several versions of the song A LOT of extra work when exported to my DAW, and forces me to expend a lot of mental energy keeping tracks of which parts I want to use in which versions of the song.

It is crazy that maybe all I want to do is add an intro or an outro or maybe a few bars to the solo section on an otherwise very nicely performed song, and the only way to do it is to add the chords and then regenerate the entire song's performance.

Anything that would help make it easier to get as close to a perfect performance within a single version of the BIAB song would be be very welcome.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 12/12/17 12:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music

Please make it happen.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 12/12/17 12:07 PM
Originally Posted By: zedd
If RealBand for Mac is not in the works, I would still love to see the ability to preserve performances in certain bars of a song, so that you don't lose them when you regenerate the song after changing the chord arrangement.

When you hear something PERFECT happening, and you know that that's how you want it to be for the final version of the song, it's pretty frustrating to have to lost that perfect moment when you regenerate the song. It makes splicing and dicing several versions of the song A LOT of extra work when exported to my DAW, and forces me to expend a lot of mental energy keeping tracks of which parts I want to use in which versions of the song.

It is crazy that maybe all I want to do is add an intro or an outro or maybe a few bars to the solo section on an otherwise very nicely performed song, and the only way to do it is to add the chords and then regenerate the entire song's performance.

Anything that would help make it easier to get as close to a perfect performance within a single version of the BIAB song would be be very welcome.

Please post this in the wishlist section.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 04/15/18 05:24 PM
PG, Peter staed five years ago that Macs are vastly superior when it comes to dealing with audio. The fact that you don't need extra drivers, sound cards, built in MIDI etc make Realband perfect for Mac. Please do take this suggestion to your next marketing meeting and try to push for this to happen.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 04/21/18 11:23 PM
RealBand is great but it is very buggy as it is just PowerTracks that uses the Band in a Box application in the background to generate up the tracks in a temp folder that are then loaded into RealBand. This can be done on Mac and Win with a vst version that loads into Pro Tools, Logic or Reaper etc.. and uses the Band-in-a-Box.app in the background to give you all the features in the 64bit DAW of choice. It will be easy compared to creating a new RealBandaid.app and will be more stable.

All the Biab functions will be in the VST GUI.
It could have a selectable linear chord track (Cubase/RapidComposer/EZKeys) or normal chord sheet like Biab or both so the vst can be scaled down to a small size.

It will work similar how the Chord Tool works by sending data to the Band-in-a-Box.app running silently in the back ground.

Attached picture BiabVST.png
Attached picture BiabVST-compact.png
Attached picture BB-Chord-Picker-beta2.0e-600.png
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: RealBand for Mac??? - 04/23/18 10:59 AM
If only you could get a job there, Pipeline.
Now, that would sure be a great move.
© PG Music Forums