PG Music Home
Posted By: Lloyd S Here's What I'd Like to See ... - 01/23/09 05:37 PM
This could work for both RealBand AND PTPA (I won't post it on both Wishlists).
When in the "Tracks" window, I would like to be able to just double click on a track
(anywhere on the RH side of the window where the "data" is)
and have it open the "Edit" window for that track.

If I had double clicked on a MIDI track, it would open up the "Piano Roll" window for that track.
If I had double clicked on a D/A track, it would open up the "Audio Edit Widow" for that track.
(not my original idea by the way, as I have another music app that works that way,
so I know how convenient it is).

In addition to that (or at the very least) could we get a drop down on the Audio Edit Window
to be able to select a different audio track to edit from there, rather than have to open a
new window for a different track. It would be the same drop down (shown as "Track") as is currently found on the
Piano Roll window.

Thanks!
LLOYD S
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Here's What I'd Like to See ... - 05/08/09 03:57 PM
... and here's another one:

When in the Piano Roll window, let's say I'm in 4/4 time but I want to enter TRIPLET eighth notes
(using Shift/Ctrl + Left click).

I can set the Snap value to triplet eighth, but there is no way I can accurately place the cursor horizontally, in order to enter the note. I have to "guess" where to place the pointer of the "pencil" icon, or just place it anywhere and then move it later.

It would be much handier to have either:
- the vertical grid lines to automatically be positioned for triplet entry when the Snap is set that way OR
- a new dropdown list (perhaps GRID VALUE) to be able to set the grid manually
- this list could have the same entries as the existing Duration and Snap dropdowns

That way when I want to enter triplet notes, the vertical bars will be valid guides for horizontal placement

Thanks!
LLOYD S
© PG Music Forums