PG Music Home
Posted By: insp1999 Grant me three wishes! - 01/27/09 09:43 PM
Item #1 - A central location everyon could post there music and the ability to separate as to styles.
Item #2 - The abiltiy to type in the measure you want to jump to like in some of the other software out there.
Item #3 - The ability to mark locations on the fly.
Posted By: Jeff Yankauer Re: Grant me three wishes! - 05/08/09 03:45 PM
With regard to jumping, are you talking about moving to a different measure for editing purposes or are you talking about something more complicated than that?
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Grant me three wishes! - 05/08/09 04:40 PM
insp1999 & Jeff:

Regarding Item #2 -
It's usually fairly painless to scroll to where you want to be and then simply left click to put you into the correct bar. However, if you're working in (say) Bar 7 in the Chords/Tracks/Bars window, and want to get to bar 88, you can just double click on the "Now" button, type a quick "88" and it will take you there immediately.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work in the Piano Roll window, but it should (you have to scroll, as far as I can tell).

Regarding Item #3 - all I can say is "AMEN" to that one!

The current method of entering a "Marker" is painful, at least for me.
I would like to see a "drag and release" marker implemented in the Bars, Tracks, Notation, and Piano Roll windows.

It would work like this (it's not an "original" idea - blatant plagiarism from another software <grin>):

- you create a small "flag" icon (sort of like this ">" only filled in) and place it at the upper, leftmost of any of the above mentioned windows. To set a marker, you simply left click on the "flag" and drag it horizontally along the time line and release it where you want the marker to be.

- at that time, nothing else happens. It just leaves a copy of the "flag" symbol there. That way if you want to quickly set a bunch of markers, you don't have to stop to fill in any "text" if you don't need to. If you DO want to add text, you simply double click on any of the markers to open up a small window that shows but 2 boxes. The first shows the "time" (which would be editable in case you "missed" when you placed the marker") and the second is a cursor-enabled text box so you can just start typing (e.g. Verse 1, Bridge etc).

- in the Piano Roll window, for example, the "flag" marker would alway just sit waiting, right above the "piano", taking just a small portion of the box that displays the current time and note number. To place the marker, you would drag the marker flag along the "Note Time Ruler" and "drop" it where required.

- the other 3 windows would work in a similar manner, and any marker placed, would show in all the windows

Probably MUCH "easier said than done" but I think it would be much more useful than the current Marker entry method.

Thanks!
LLOYD S
© PG Music Forums